PDA

View Full Version : Sold my Husky today now in the market for a new one lets hear the opinions...

JShe8918
02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
So i sold my husqvarna to day to my friend for 2700 it was an 05 with 743 hours. What do you think is the best mower and the reason why.... I am wanting a 61 inch and kinda leaning toward diesel....

bigw
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
just buy what you like because asking the opinions on here about which mower is best is like asking which ice cream flavor is the best...everyone has opinions and most will be different so do yourself a favor and just go with your gut. You will get 20 different opinions and then you will be totally confused!!

JShe8918
02-29-2008, 11:35 PM
well i understand that but i also realize that people have had bad experiences with certain brands and i would like to know them before i spend 13000 dollars on a machine that is crap after a few hundred hours like i did before....

BUCKEYE MOWING
02-29-2008, 11:37 PM
just buy what you like because asking the opinions on here about which mower is best is like asking which ice cream flavor is the best...everyone has opinions and most will be different so do yourself a favor and just go with your gut. You will get 20 different opinions and then you will be totally confused!!

I AGREE ! I would demo demo and demo some more till you find one you really like and keep going back to. Good luck.

TheOctagon
02-29-2008, 11:43 PM
So i sold my husqvarna to day to my friend for 2700 it was an 05 with 743 hours. What do you think is the best mower and the reason why.... I am wanting a 61 inch and kinda leaning toward diesel....

I agree with the demo theory. If you have a dealer near by i would definately recommend a demo on a badboy diesel AOS w/ a 60in. deck. you have the choice of either a 28 hp 3 cylinder or a 35 hp 4 cylinder. Both are Cat/Perkins diesels. Pretty reasonable on the pricing too. Not to mention they are built like Tanks but ride very well.

Zooropa93
03-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Not to discourage you from a diesel unit, but gas may bemore cost effective. For instance....with a Scag Turf Tiger you'll use less fuel with a 29hp DFI Kawasaki or with the 31hp Kohler Aegis engines than with the 28hp Cat and the same as the 25hp Kubota but you'll pay less upfront for the mower plus the cost per gallon is lower with gas. Plus since the mower is likely to be at full throttle most of the time, the extra low end torque of a diesel won't be needed that much.

T Total Lawncare
03-01-2008, 12:05 AM
well i understand that but i also realize that people have had bad experiences with certain brands and i would like to know them before i spend 13000 dollars on a machine that is crap after a few hundred hours like i did before....

What problems did you have with the previous mower?

JShe8918
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
ate blades, replaced belts, and hydro problems.... Diesel is about 40 cents cheaper then gas. Offroad diesel.... atleast. the diesel will last longer with more wow factor.... lol....

PLM-1
03-01-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm a Grasshopper wh0re. I won't run anything but diesel. In my 928, bagging thick grass, I burn a little less than a gallon per hour. I used a 27 Kohler demo for a couple of weeks when I ordered another mower in '06 and I couldn't believe the difference in that and the 22hp Kubota diesel. The diesel had tons more power, quieter and I could pass the trailer without filling it up!