PDA

View Full Version : Help on estimate

dgZtrak737
02-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I have been a mow, and blow operation the whole time I have been in business. I havent done much flower bed maintence. I have put mulch down a couple of times. Its not rocket science, charged what I thought I had to to make money, and I came out just fine.
I just want your opinions on this situation.
I have a 114 sqft flower bed across the front of a customers house. He wants me to remove the existing pea gravel, and landscaping fabric, Pull up 3 holly bushes, and a small stump. Put down new landscape fabric, and lava rock. (The lava rock is 4.79 cents a bag and covers one cubic foot. Landcape Fabric is 25.00 a roll. One roll should do the job) The only thing planted in the flower bed are 9 shrubs. easy to get around I DO NOT have to haul off the existing pea gravel. He wants me to pile it up beside the creek, which is about 50yrds from the front of the house. Whats a good price for this job. With me and one helper & 10.00 an hour.

lawnpro724
03-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Your working for $10hr ? You and one helper ? If thats all your getting to do it I would pass on it. Unless your going to start charging a competitive rate for this kind of work, go get a job at Walmart you will make more money.

dgZtrak737
03-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Just my helper is getting paid $10.00 and hour. I should have clarified that.