PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Pro G 34" walk behind

trdtundra00
03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
hey guys im looking for some opinions on Gravely's new walk behinds, mainly on the 34" with the 13 hp kawasaki beltdrive. I want to be able to use a velky with it, is the 13 hp enough? Thanks, Zack

ProStreetCamaro
03-01-2008, 03:56 PM
hey guys im looking for some opinions on Gravely's new walk behinds, mainly on the 34" with the 13 hp kawasaki beltdrive. I want to be able to use a velky with it, is the 13 hp enough? Thanks, Zack

Great machine and the 13hp is more than enough to pull you around. Also dont let people tell you a belt drive is not good for use with a velky. We had a Gravely Pro-50 belt drive that pulled us around on a velky every day for over 3,200 hours before we sold the mower. 1 set of belts is all we ever replaced on that mower.

Ramairfreak98ss
03-01-2008, 04:36 PM
other than price, why not look at their FX1934? Its a 19hp, 10mph standup machine with a 34" deck. I tried one out and was flat out impressed for a non ztr machine. Ill have one within the next couple seasons, maybe this season if i have the need for it and they throw out some great finance deal.

trdtundra00
03-01-2008, 05:12 PM
*other than price, why not look at their FX1934? Its a 19hp, 10mph standup machine with a 34" deck. I tried one out and was flat out impressed for a non ztr machine. Ill have one within the next couple seasons, maybe this season if i have the need for it and they throw out some great finance deal.

do you know about how much they run, im trying not to spend too much as i only need it for a few small gated yards and some ditches i cant mow with my Z.

mowerbrad
03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
other than price, why not look at their FX1934? Its a 19hp, 10mph standup machine with a 34" deck. I tried one out and was flat out impressed for a non ztr machine. Ill have one within the next couple seasons, maybe this season if i have the need for it and they throw out some great finance deal.

I agree, why go with a wb. I for one don't want to be walking all day when its 90 degrees outside. I too was looking at a wb for a while but i am now in the process of finding a good stander.

ProStreetCamaro
03-01-2008, 08:18 PM
*other than price, why not look at their FX1934? Its a 19hp, 10mph standup machine with a 34" deck. I tried one out and was flat out impressed for a non ztr machine. Ill have one within the next couple seasons, maybe this season if i have the need for it and they throw out some great finance deal.

do you know about how much they run, im trying not to spend too much as i only need it for a few small gated yards and some ditches i cant mow with my Z.

If thats the case then the walkbehind will be perfect for you. Plus it is always nice to have a walkbehind for those super steep hills.

trdtundra00
03-01-2008, 08:55 PM
If thats the case then the walkbehind will be perfect for you. Plus it is always nice to have a walkbehind for those super steep hills.

Ya thats what i was thinking, im 95% sure that i'll be getting the walk behind and it will be my first one so i just wanted to make sure i was going with a good machine with enough hp to mulch and pull a velky.

Ramairfreak98ss
03-04-2008, 10:52 AM

ive "heard" in the $4300 range, could be maybe closer to 4k though.