PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy featured in new Willie Nelson video!!!

Bad Boy Mowers
03-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Click the link

http://www.cmt.com/videos/willie-nelson/212721/you-dont-think-im-funny-anymore-directors-cut.jhtml

Happy Frog
03-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Trying not to be negative but what's good about it?

Like many on this forum, I would like to see videos showing your mowers in action on turf. Showing how fast they can cut lawns and how good the cut is.

How hard can that be? Can't you put some videos on your web site showing the Bad Boy mowers do what they are designed to do?

Come on guys! As much as I like your products, it might be time to get some marketing changes and get serious about business...

A video about a bunch of guys and girls acting like redneck kids is not doing much for me. Sorry.

02DURAMAX
03-01-2008, 05:53 PM

Like many on this forum, I would like to see videos showing your mowers in action on turf. Showing how fast they can cut lawns and how good the cut is.

How hard can that be? Can't you put some videos on your web site showing the Bad Boy mowers do what they are designed to do?

Come on guys! As much as I like your products, it might be time to get some marketing changes and get serious about business...

A video about a bunch of guys and girls acting like redneck kids is not doing much for me. Sorry.

same here...that video sucks!!!

mowing grass 1111
03-01-2008, 07:25 PM
reason number 1001 why i will never own a bad boy

ProStreetCamaro
03-01-2008, 07:26 PM

Yup this is what I have been saying all along. The marketing department needs to be fired. If they are looking to sell to rednecks then they have that covered but they wont make any real money off these mowers unless they cater to landscape professionals and show what these mowers can really do.

M & MD Lawn
03-01-2008, 08:18 PM
This Is Not Going To Get Me To Buy A Bad Boy Mower, Might Want To Make It Appeal To Lawncare Guys And Show What It Can Really Do, As Everyone Else Said

lifetree
03-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I liked the video for the entertainment value, which I think is all it was intended to be for !! I think the Bad Boy mower people are smart enough to know that if they want to sell their commercial machines then they will have to prove that they are truly of value to professional LCO's ... otherwise, I think yome of the comments in this thread are somewhat overly negative.

retrodog
03-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I personnally think that was awesome. What other mower have you ever seen featured on a MTV special with so many celebrities. Let alone in a mainstream music video. I know they have a different type of marketing strategy, but the numbers show its working. I have already sold more machines this year than some of the other dealers around here sold all year last year. Their actual tv commercials show them cutting turf, and shows how they open up for easy access. Selling these things is by far the easiest thing I have ever done. Someone stops to look, takes my lightning over to the open lot next door to mow a little, comes back and asks how much, then writes a check or feels out an app. Most of them have already been driving around to the other dealers and were quoted ridiculous prices on other mowers. I have honestly had other reps stop by and try to get us to sell their machines. I won't say any names, cause I don't like downing anybody. 2 of the reps were trying to sell me machines, and I took them out to see a BB Pup with the 30hp Kohler Command. Both of them said they didn't have anything built like that. They said that the thickness of the metals, and the big pumps and motors were an overkill for a mower. They couldn't believe the deck and the frame were built like that. After each one had said that, I told them that the machine was only $6395 retail. They almost fell over. One of them had a 30hp command option on one of their top of the line mower, and it was at $9500, and still no where near the quality of the Pup. One of the reps offered a 26hp els briggs with a 52" deck for $6295 retail with a 10 guage deck...woo hoo.

SILVERSTREAK INC
03-02-2008, 01:11 AM
poor willies gettin old...

interesting video though

Happy Frog
03-02-2008, 01:19 AM
reason number 1001 why i will never own a bad boy

Rejecting a good piece of equipment because of bad marketing? :laugh::laugh:

Happy Frog
03-02-2008, 01:39 AM
I personnally think that was awesome. What other mower have you ever seen featured on a MTV special with so many celebrities. Let alone in a mainstream music video. I know they have a different type of marketing strategy, but the numbers show its working. I have already sold more machines this year than some of the other dealers around here sold all year last year. Their actual tv commercials show them cutting turf, and shows how they open up for easy access. Selling these things is by far the easiest thing I have ever done. Someone stops to look, takes my lightning over to the open lot next door to mow a little, comes back and asks how much, then writes a check or feels out an app. Most of them have already been driving around to the other dealers and were quoted ridiculous prices on other mowers. I have honestly had other reps stop by and try to get us to sell their machines. I won't say any names, cause I don't like downing anybody. 2 of the reps were trying to sell me machines, and I took them out to see a BB Pup with the 30hp Kohler Command. Both of them said they didn't have anything built like that. They said that the thickness of the metals, and the big pumps and motors were an overkill for a mower. They couldn't believe the deck and the frame were built like that. After each one had said that, I told them that the machine was only $6395 retail. They almost fell over. One of them had a 30hp command option on one of their top of the line mower, and it was at $9500, and still no where near the quality of the Pup. One of the reps offered a 26hp els briggs with a 52" deck for $6295 retail with a 10 guage deck...woo hoo.

It is true that they are great mowers and I am not against entertainment videos. However, like many, I would like to see some marketing targeting the "professionals" made by "professionals".
I don't care if a Bad Boy sponsored race car won all the races of the season or if a dragster can be built around a Bad Boy mower and outside Arkansas and Tennessee I don't think anyone cares much about it.
I care more about having Bad Boy rewrite his warranty description on its web site so a "blonde" driving a pink mower can understand it.
I believe a lot of this "redneck" attitude display is doing more bad than good.

lifetree
03-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Rejecting a good piece of equipment because of bad marketing ? :laugh: :laugh:

My feelings exactly !!

Green King
03-02-2008, 09:31 AM
There marketing is interesting! Look at the pink ones they had a few years ago!

brownsallseasonlandscape
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
First off I cant believe you GUYS are complaining about a video with Jessica in it but I can't say much for bad boy I just saw one at TSC parked next to a Cub Cadet, pretty sad.

tb8100
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
First off I cant believe you GUYS are complaining about a video with Jessica in it but I can't say much for bad boy I just saw one at TSC parked next to a Cub Cadet, pretty sad.

Yeah, the Cub looks pretty sad sitting side by side with the Bad Boy! :weightlifter:

matt1487
03-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Its on the front page of yahoo under entertainment, although they call it a weird video, I guess it still gets the word out.