PDA

View Full Version : First estimate call of the season today....

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-01-2008, 04:28 PM
The snow is still melting off and I got my first call for a weekly service estimate today........ It's in a high end neighborhood also.......:dancing:

This has been my best snow season in 6 years and now it is moving right into grass............:clapping:

topsites
03-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Excellent, I would say the timing is getting better.
Still a bit early, but at least it's not smack dead center winter anymore.
I've also gotten a couple of calls thus far, repeat business thou.

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
it actually kinda took me by surprise......she found me via my web site and I have not yet revamped it from winter/snow focused service back to Spring/SUmmer related services........

Pretty cool though......I will be headed out there tomorrow....

lawnkingforever
03-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I just put my ad in a local publication this week. I also started putting my business card and a few flyers at some local businesses. I have already got responses back from current customers that they will be using me this year. I have alot of leads that I need to follow up on as soon as the weather breaks. I can't wait for the season to start, hopefully we will all be too busy to be lurking around this site for hours on end.

mowerbrad
03-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Great job! I had my first call at the beginning of February and then had a second one a few days ago. The best thing about them was I hadn't even put any ads out yet, they were all refered by other customers of mine.

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-01-2008, 07:31 PM
that speaks well for your service........it is a good feeling.......

SomervilleLawncare
03-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Those first few calls of the season are like a high, it really gets the blood pumping. I've given 4 estimates so far this year and I'm getting anxious for things to start picking up. We still have about 2 feet of snow on the ground so hopefully once it starts melting the phone will start ringing like crazy. Most of my advertising will start around March 15th. Good luck guys!

millenium_123
03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I have started getting a few calls as well. I got out today and did 2 jobs and am wore totally out from sitting around for a couple months, have to get back into the grove. I have ads in the phone book, newspaper, and the american classifieds. Went all out this year!! The other day my phone was ringing before I got out of bed, I thought oh here we go! lol