PDA

View Full Version : help with pricing on a complex

jnhowell1
03-01-2008, 06:51 PM
i am bidding on a 104 town home complex the yards are very small and the common areas arnt to big most of the yards will have to be lawn boy since they are so tiny and they told me it would be time consuming so i already have that in mind. i am thinking 3 people maybe 6-8 hrs not sure there is alot of trimming, also annual flowers per flat installed and mulch per yard installed and hand turning of beds how much per bed. one more thing aeration is needed this will be april 1 thru nov 1 im in ohio any help would be great thanks john

mowerbrad
03-01-2008, 07:25 PM
How small is small? Are the yards about 1000 sq ft or more like 500 sq ft. If each house takes you 5 min to mow thats over 8 hours of work for one guy. You might want to look into buying a 26" or 32" mower to help lessen that work. I would say that about $10 per lawn sounds good if it take you 5 min. As for the flowers just charge the hourly rate that you normally do for landscape work. If you can give me some more information I could probably help you more.

jnhowell1
03-01-2008, 07:38 PM
it is a condo town house devolpment with attached garages they r less than 500 sq ft and then we have the common areas they want a lump price we do have a 32 inch red hawk among others these are really small

mowerbrad
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Since they are less than 500 sq ft you should be able to do them in less than 5 minutes. At $10 per lawn that would be $1040 each week. But since there is no travel time to get to each job you won't have to worry about extra fuel for the trucks. I would probably charge around $900 for all the mowing and then an hourly charge for the flowers beds and other similar jobs. Hope this helps.

jnhowell1
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
thanks for the info