PDA

View Full Version : Garden show

packey
03-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Has anyone ever helped put on a sping garden show. I was asked by the mower shop if I would be interested in bringing my equipment out and being a part of the spring garden show they are trying to start. This is a cool idea since I am a newer lco to the area maybe I can really get my name out their. I am scheduled to do two talks for the day one on weed and feed and the other on proper lawn maintanance. I feel I am plenty qualified but has anyone ever done such a show. I know we are in a more isolated area but I will be their with one other lco we have a local fence company several landscape contractors. the hustler rep and equipment stihl rep and other related business. last year the show drew only 1100 but that was without all the other groups involved only the mower shop and very little advertising. this year we are doing radio and newspaper ads as well as flyers all ove the two towns our and steamboat an hour away. the cool thing is their is no such type of show their either. Together we combine to have a pop of 25+thousand as well as out lying small towns. We are 3 1/2 hours from the next closest show of its kind so what would you guys think

packey
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
How about you big guys anyone ever participated in a garden show

ffemt1271
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
my mower shop puts on a yearly show, (for the commercial guys)they rent the convention center, have trucks, all thier mower suppliers, small equipment suppliers there, they have lunch catered, just about anything lawn and landscape is there, (i suppose these businesses underwrite the expense) then the 2 cycle suppliers each give away 1 trimmer at the end of the day in a door prize. (they have one for homeowners too but i've never been to that one. if you participate i would suggest getting a LARGE banner and putting up there

TScapes
03-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Packey-

I've worked several garden shows and have attended more. From my experience, it was really more of a competition thing (Awards for best in show, etc.) of course getting new clients.

Are you going to have a display? Business information to hand out? Images or slideshow of your work? I have always been from the train of thought that you get what you put into it. If you set out to impress, you should get more than enough work out of it.

packey
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I will be giving two mini classes at the grounds show. I also thought about binging in all my equipment to kinda show off what I have. I will definately have a table with pictures of previous work. as well as a bannerEverything will be out in an open field. The mower shop is wanting me to also do some demonstations with the zero turn mower since I am one of the only local lco's with one. I am also talking with the local nursery who is giving a clinic on pruning trees and shrubs nearly all of us who are involved withthis so far work with eachother and respect eachother well even though sevral of us offer cross over services. Dod anyone else have suggestions about maybe what we can do to help draw people over to our tent and tables