PDA

View Full Version : Postage

bigkyle
03-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I am thinking about doing some direct mailings and was curious if there is something you can do to get a reduced price on postage or do i just go buy a bunch of stamps. I have never done this before so really interested to see how this can turn out. Thanks for the help

SILVERSTREAK INC
03-01-2008, 11:28 PM
you dont get a price break unless you get a bulk mail permit....300 bucks

if i could do it all over again id use one of these web sites that make up your ad on a half page postcard and mail it out using their bulk postage permit

trust me its gonna be cheaper than buying the addresses....having your cardstock printed and then postage..

i have almost 850 bucks out on 2000 postcards between printing, 23 cent stamps and addresses & labels which i have spent over 10 hours making up, folding, stamping, labeling

i sent out 500 and over 300 have come back undeliverable as addressed....the mailing list company wants me to send out the postmarks and then i will only get those addresses replaced.....they wont refund postage so stay away from alescodata.com

bigkyle
03-01-2008, 11:36 PM
you dont get a price break unless you get a bulk mail permit....300 bucks

if i could do it all over again id use one of these web sites that make up your ad on a half page postcard and mail it out using their bulk postage permit

trust me its gonna be cheaper than buying the addresses....having your cardstock printed and then postage..

i have almost 850 bucks out on 2000 postcards between printing, 23 cent stamps and addresses & labels which i have spent over 10 hours making up, folding, stamping, labeling

i sent out 500 and over 300 have come back undeliverable as addressed....the mailing list company wants me to send out the postmarks and then i will only get those addresses replaced.....they wont refund postage so stay away from alescodata.com

Thank you for the info i appreciate it

kleankutslawn
03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
stamps are alot higher than .23 now!!!

SILVERSTREAK INC
03-02-2008, 12:53 AM
haha well i do a double sided 4x6 postcard, which scrapes by as a postcard postage 23 cents

if i did a half page postcard or a letter id be sitting another 360 bucks in the hole with 41 cent stamps on 2000 items..

not fair in my opinion, i mean my postcards are going right up the street, not to alaska!

they should figure postage based on distance or give more of a price break to those mailing out more than a few x-mas cards

corbster
03-02-2008, 09:26 AM
stamps are alot higher than .23 now!!!

If your putting a .41cent stamp on a postcard then you need to ask your local post office the price.:)

Sweet Tater
03-02-2008, 09:08 PM
haha well i do a double sided 4x6 postcard, which scrapes by as a postcard postage 23 cents

if i did a half page postcard or a letter id be sitting another 360 bucks in the hole with 41 cent stamps on 2000 items..

not fair in my opinion, i mean my postcards are going right up the street, not to alaska!

they should figure postage based on distance or give more of a price break to those mailing out more than a few x-mas cards

What post office you using? Post card postage here is .26, I just sent out 365 post cards.

Sweet Tater
03-02-2008, 09:08 PM

What post office you using? Post card postage here is .26, I just sent out 365 post cards.

Sweet Tater
03-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Sweet Tater
03-02-2008, 09:11 PM
ooppss sorry.

GoodPainter
03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah I sent out close to 3000 postcards in the last 35 days .26 cents each for the stamp.

Thay say in march or may or something its going up again!
Get those unistamps NOW!

HaHa,

jk

Robert:hammerhead: