PDA

View Full Version : A new post card i am planning to send out!

bigw
03-02-2008, 01:48 AM
The goal here is simply to put a life size business card in people's mail boxes, im hoping they see the post card then see my truck and trailer and say hey thats the same logo on that truck that was on that post card we got last week. This card is 4x6
Simple logo reconition is worth a thousand words just ask NIKE.

RickR1818
03-02-2008, 01:58 AM
I know you are kicking ace with your mailers but I do have a quick ?. It seems to me that you are giving generous discounts. The 20% is a significant discount. Say the account is worth 1000 for the season, you are essentially taking off $200. That would come out to be 6 free cuts at 30 a cut which would also equal a free month of cutting. I have seen here on this site that a 20% profit is a good target to hit for the year. It seems that you are just giving that back to the customer.

RickR1818
03-02-2008, 01:59 AM
I do like the card though!!!

bigw
03-02-2008, 02:19 AM
I know you are kicking ace with your mailers but I do have a quick ?. It seems to me that you are giving generous discounts. The 20% is a significant discount. Say the account is worth 1000 for the season, you are essentially taking off $200. That would come out to be 6 free cuts at 30 a cut which would also equal a free month of cutting. I have seen here on this site that a 20% profit is a good target to hit for the year. It seems that you are just giving that back to the customer.

I fully understand your point but in todays market with so many LCOS and just starting out i need an edge right? well to me 20% means nothing for 2 reasons...1 the account is more important then losing 20% of say 40$ which would now be 32$. #2. See first of all its not like i have "flat" prices for certain size lawns,i do not quote any 2 lawns the same regaurdless of size.I go with my gut on what i should charge so a lawn that maybe 99% of lcos would charge 30 for i may charge 40 and then what am i really losing? Nothing i am gaining 2 bucks!!! See i can do this because its " sales" and one thing i can do with the best of them is sell.

advantage landscaping
03-02-2008, 02:25 AM
I had an excellent opinion of you until I looked at your website. A picture of your daughter does NOT belong on there. 99.999999% of people would say "Gee what a sweet girl," - but it only takes one creep! Just an fyi, because with phone numbers, names, addresses you would make it way too easy if someone wanted to cause harm to your family.
Then your business does not matter........

bigw
03-02-2008, 02:42 AM
I had an excellent opinion of you until I looked at your website. A picture of your daughter does NOT belong on there. 99.999999% of people would say "Gee what a sweet girl," - but it only takes one creep! Just an fyi, because with phone numbers, names, addresses you would make it way too easy if someone wanted to cause harm to your family.
Then your business does not matter........

wow so your opinion changed because my daughter is on my site?? I understand your point but the site is to show "family value's" besides i dont think you would want to come to my house with bad intentions!! It bothers me that you would even think this way!!

barefeetny
03-02-2008, 03:52 AM
big W

i don't think he meant it like that... and facts prove there are creeps and people who deserve bullets everywhere...

I deal in a much smaller customer base .... but fact remain my kids are addorable but all i use them for is just a pic of their feet...I sure hope no foot fetish ped ever shows up at my house or you will be reading about me (and not just on lawnsite)

customcurbdesigns
03-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I understand logo recognition but do you really think that everyone that gets a post card is going to see your truck? I higly doubt it unless you live in a town with a population of 25.

Are you sending out another 10,000?

Landrus2
03-02-2008, 12:22 PM
The goal here is simply to put a life size business card in people's mail boxes, im hoping they see the post card then see my truck and trailer and say hey thats the same logo on that truck that was on that post card we got last week. This card is 4x6
Simple logo reconition is worth a thousand words just ask NIKE.

Do you do subcontracting work? :waving:

bigw
03-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I understand logo recognition but do you really think that everyone that gets a post card is going to see your truck? I higly doubt it unless you live in a town with a population of 25.

Are you sending out another 10,000?

Well first of all i do live in a smaller town and i do live on the busiest corner at a traffic light so chances are at some point if you live in my area you will see my sign in my yard ,my truck or my trailer. Do you really believe that over 50% of the people that live in your town have not already seen your truck? Just think about when ever you see a truck in your town that catches your eye,now think about how many times you have sen that truck and would you reconize it again if you saw it? Sure you would especially if you live in a small town and not some huge city. Oh and no i am only sending out 500 just to see the response this new card might bring!

advantage landscaping
03-02-2008, 01:01 PM
wow so your opinion changed because my daughter is on my site?? I understand your point but the site is to show "family value's" besides i dont think you would want to come to my house with bad intentions!! It bothers me that you would even think this way!!

I would never think of doing so..... of course. But when I saw your site you make it way too easy for someone who DOES want to cause you harm for some reason or another.

Most people would not think of this until it's too late, that's the problem. It takes one customer who goes over the line, you know? Thinking that it would never happen to you is a mistake. 99% chance it won't - but in a town of 1,000,000 people guess what it only takes one sicko.

I'm sure you had never thought of that, but where I am from this kind of thing happens frequently. Just trying to alert you to the problem.

I understand that you are trying to show family values - hey leave the picture and just take away the part that says that that is your daughter. Your choice. IMHO it's dangerous.

Just trying to look out for you bro... Lawnsite is occasionally good for that. I'm surprised you jumped on me for bringing it up.... shows that you are ignorant that it could happen, and unfortunately that's the kind of person it happens to.

advantage landscaping
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
We live in a strange world and not everybody is as family oriented as you and I and most of the members on here, that's all.

bigw
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Do you do subcontracting work? :waving:

No not at all but i may consider it if need be.

bigw
03-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I would never think of doing so..... of course. But when I saw your site you make it way too easy for someone who DOES want to cause you harm for some reason or another.

Most people would not think of this until it's too late, that's the problem. It takes one customer who goes over the line, you know? Thinking that it would never happen to you is a mistake. 99% chance it won't - but in a town of 1,000,000 people guess what it only takes one sicko.

I'm sure you had never thought of that, but where I am from this kind of thing happens frequently. Just trying to alert you to the problem.

I understand that you are trying to show family values - hey leave the picture and just take away the part that says that that is your daughter. Your choice. IMHO it's dangerous.

Just trying to look out for you bro... Lawnsite is occasionally good for that. I'm surprised you jumped on me for bringing it up.... shows that you are ignorant that it could happen, and unfortunately that's the kind of person it happens to.

No i am not ignorant and i didnt jump on you, i just said i couldnt believe you even were thinking that way. I appreciate your concern but i honestly dont live my life living in fear all the time about what "could" happen. With "My space" and instant messenger now a days i think my lawn care website is the least of my worries dont you agree? I do thank you for the advice though and i may take you up on it!!

advantage landscaping
03-02-2008, 01:10 PM
No i am not ignorant and i didnt jump on you, i just said i couldnt believe you even were thinking that way. I appreciate your concern but i honestly dont live my life living in fear all the time about what "could" happen. With "My space" and instant messenger now a days i think my lawn care website is the least of my worries dont you agree? I do thank you for the advice though and i may take you up on it!!

Again I would never do something like that, nor would 99% of people. It takes one sicko, and being in an industry where people do get mad at you for whatever, you are in a state of higher risk IMHO.

bill8379
03-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I fully understand your point but in todays market with so many LCOS and just starting out i need an edge right? well to me 20% means nothing for 2 reasons...1 the account is more important then losing 20% of say 40$ which would now be 32$. #2. See first of all its not like i have "flat" prices for certain size lawns,i do not quote any 2 lawns the same regaurdless of size.I go with my gut on what i should charge so a lawn that maybe 99% of lcos would charge 30 for i may charge 40 and then what am i really losing? Nothing i am gaining 2 bucks!!! See i can do this because its " sales" and one thing i can do with the best of them is sell.

That's very smart imo.

Runner
03-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh man,....this is NOT good. We are talking serious business here.You may BE the type of person to not live in fear of what COULD happen. Millions of people are the same way. Unfortunately, millions of victims are, also. Ask John Walsh, the parents of Polly Clas, Jessica Lunsford, and the list goes on and on. This is REAL BUSINESS and nothing to mess around with for "advertising purposes". It is unfortunate, but we live in a sick society today. It is not like it was 20-30 years ago. People are just completely wacked out now, and with the advent of the internet, it has only gotten worse. I'm telling you man to man. Take it from someone who has lost a child in their life....
Dude...I urge you...don't risk it. You are respectable, and have a good thing going - more than you know...All it takes is once, just a few seconds....and it is all gone....

bill8379
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't post my address. Customers don't need to know where I live, don't even want them to know where I live. I use a postal box.

rcracer
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey Big W he was trying to protect your family. None of my business but you seem to get defensive to easily.:usflag:

Whitey4
03-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Get your address the Flyin Freakin Flock OFF your promo materials! NEVER advertise where you live! this is nuts. ONLY signed up customers get my address. I understand being aggressive, but this very bad judgement.

rcracer
03-03-2008, 10:12 PM
This is Big W first year but he acts like a pro that has been in business forever. So he is not going to take any constructive criticism!:usflag:

IndyChad
03-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I would have to agree with some of the post about not putting your personal address on post cards or internet either. I don't even let half of our employees know where I live. I am not living in fear, but just being proactive so that there are no issues.

bigw
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Get your address the Flyin Freakin Flock OFF your promo materials! NEVER advertise where you live! this is nuts. ONLY signed up customers get my address. I understand being aggressive, but this very bad judgement.

Yeah i dont know what i was thinking when i did that,i guess you live and learn and in the future i will not do it...thanks!

bigw
03-03-2008, 11:42 PM
This is Big W first year but he acts like a pro that has been in business forever. So he is not going to take any constructive criticism!:usflag:

They deleted my last post to your dumb a$$ but i would love for you to show me one post where i ever claimed to know everything about this business.
I ask questions everyday because i am trying to learn but its ignorant people like you that always have to try and start crap that gets me going and then i look like the bad guy. Like i said before if you are going to bash me for no reason then be prepaired for the response.
I have an idea instead of being a hater why dont you just admit you are jealous of my success...i mean how could this "new guy" that just started even thinking about doing this in oct already have 25 accounts, maybe you could learn something from me if you could just stop hating!!!

rcracer
03-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Man if you think I am jealous of a smart a!! like you, you have another thing coming. I serve my country so people like you can run your ignorant mouth on here. I'm not at all jealous actually i hope you do good. I just think as I stated earlier you take things wrong. If you like we could talk in private. just don't think anything you could say would hurt my feelings because I've been to places and dealt with people much worse than anything a smart !!! like you could ever throw out.:usflag::usflag:

advantage landscaping
03-04-2008, 12:22 AM
They deleted my last post to your dumb a$$ but i would love for you to show me one post where i ever claimed to know everything about this business.
I ask questions everyday because i am trying to learn but its ignorant people like you that always have to try and start crap that gets me going and then i look like the bad guy. Like i said before if you are going to bash me for no reason then be prepaired for the response.
I have an idea instead of being a hater why dont you just admit you are jealous of my success...i mean how could this "new guy" that just started even thinking about doing this in oct already have 25 accounts, maybe you could learn something from me if you could just stop hating!!!

Boys.... boys.... boys... settle down here. You are both showing 100% stupidity, cut it out and get back on topic. Just shut up!

freshcut419
03-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I loved that post card

JShe8918
03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I do to... If you don't mind me asking how much does something like that cost. Did you get the mailing list. Or did the company do that for you?

Green Pastures
03-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I would so love to just lock about 150 accounts.

When I first came here you could get advice without some punk little boy smarting off to grown men.

Some of you need your butts kicked.

What is wrong with people?

JShe8918
03-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Common GET ON TRACK IT IS OVER>>>>> COMMON PeoPLE!!!!

tufguy100
03-08-2008, 10:55 PM
i have to agree not a good idea to put family pics with your address and number on it cause you never know any of these people on here and you say the wrong thing to one of them could be bad just my 2 cents theres a lot of nuts out there