PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap...I fixed my old Dixion 428 today!

PEVO
03-02-2008, 01:25 AM
I say holy crap not because i managed to get that nightmare looking gaggle of shafts, sprockets, chains, & springs on this cone drive system going again. If you own/ed one of these way-outdated cone drive mowers...you learn quickly how they tick & how to work on em'. No the reason for my awing is "Why i didn't dump this mower years ago"!!! Now that i drove it again for the fisrt time since a year has gone by,....i can't Fantom ever going back to it after upgrading to a Hustler Super-Z last year!!! I guess Ignorance is Bliss. Oh well i guess if i had to choose between a regular SLOOOW lawn tractor/mower & this old Dixion i'd still go with the Dixion. But boy that Dixion sure brings you back down a few notches & appreciate the types of commercial ztrs we have now!!!

lifetree
03-02-2008, 05:24 AM
You should check out the new Dixon commercial ZTR's ... those old cone drives were a nightmare !!

PearceLawn
03-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Even Dixon has come a long way. Comparing the old Dixon to a new Hustler is like comparing a Model T to a new 'Vette. One hell of a difference!!