PDA

View Full Version : backpack blower racks?

MikeKle
03-02-2008, 06:08 AM
I fianally bought a stihl BR-550(thinking about returning it and buying the shindi 8510,only $100. more for ALOT more power),I looked a many different types of racks made for an open trailer, and they all look so flimsy!,all most of them do is secure it by the handle and nothing to hold the tube! I am going to build my own,looks alot like a small closet, complete with a locking door, it will also house my handheld blower and gas cans, Dimensions will be 47" high, 20.5" deep, and 23" long. frame is built of 1.5" angle and expanded steel covers the rest. I plan on moving my trimmer racks closer to the front of the trailer and mounting this cage right over the wheels. everything will be easily acessible from one side of the trailer,and more importantly,everything will be locked up!The steel will only cost me around $ 60. and I am a pretty good welder,I will try to upload some pics once its finished. Anyone else ever build one like this?

naturescape
03-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Check out the Gridiron rack.

Also, why don't you upgrade to the Stihl 600? The Shin 8510 is ridiculously heavy.

kleankutslawn
03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
i made racks for my enclosed trailer.but didn't have to worry about securing them