PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mail Help Needed

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care
03-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I am seriously thinking about doing some direct mail advertising...1000 to 2000 addresses.
I have already gotten some good ideas from this site on how to target the addresses I want, but I am interested in what direct mail services anyone has used that won't break my bank and are user friendly. Also, what is the best way to supply a mailing list to a mailing service? Excel spreadsheet acceptable or how have you guys done it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Vistaprint.com they have a downlaodable excel form that is already set up.

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care
03-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Vistaprint.com they have a downlaodable excel form that is already set up.

Thanks. I went to the website and couldn't find that service. Probably looking right at it and don't see it, but I emailed their customer service department with questions. Again, thanks for the help.

moonscapes
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
This may seem stupid--but I ride through a subdivision I'd like to cut, and write the house numbers down and then send the postcards. It just costs me the gas--and I know that they are all in the same sub.

joshlawn
03-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks. I went to the website and couldn't find that service. Probably looking right at it and don't see it, but I emailed their customer service department with questions. Again, thanks for the help.

Here you go. I believe this it.
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/images/template_files/VistaPrint_MailingListTemplate.xls

rcreech
03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I am seriously thinking about doing some direct mail advertising...1000 to 2000 addresses.
I have already gotten some good ideas from this site on how to target the addresses I want, but I am interested in what direct mail services anyone has used that won't break my bank and are user friendly. Also, what is the best way to supply a mailing list to a mailing service? Excel spreadsheet acceptable or how have you guys done it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

I highly recommend Cactus Mailing. You can send out Post Cards very cheap.

It costs about $.34 each and that is the design, printing, mailing list and postage.

You don't even have to touch them.

If you call them, ask for Joe McAtee.

You can Google "Cactus Mailing" and they are in Arizona.

I have had great luck with them, they are very reasonable and do great work.

PM me if you need any other info.

RC

DLAWNS
03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm using quantamdigital.com so far and I'm happy. They have a great concept...but they are still fine tuning their methods. But they are very helpful and are very open to suggestions.

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care
03-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Gentlemen,

Thanks to all of you for your help. I really do appreciate it. I just started up last year and did an average of 30 properties / week. I did this all myself, no helper, and did it in usually 2 to 2.5 days each week. I placed a nice, 1" ad in the local yellow pages this year, but I really want to make sure that I pick up at least another 30 accounts. That's why I better get out some direct mail just to make sure I get the calls I need to in order to meet my goal. My original 30 paid the bills just fine during the growing season, however only 6 are on contract which bring in only about $1300 / month winter money for me. Got to get more customers to go on yearly contracts and add at least another 20 - 30 seasonal accounts.

Again, thanks to all for your help!

Jimmy