PDA

View Full Version : ZTR or Stander

wiseguyslawn
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Anyone have any preference. Looking to puchase my sencond mower. Aleady have an exmark 52". Bag mostly all lawns and don't deal will slopes to much. Anyone get tired of standing all day or not a problem. How is the stander in wet grass. Also seen Toro is coming out with their stander for 2009 models. check out the web site.

mowerbrad
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I really do like my ztr, I don't have to walk and get tired all day. But for this year I am looking at getting a 34" stander for some of my smaller lawns and lawns with gated back yards. I know the standers can get 3 bushel baggers or a trac-vac bagger. If you have several lawns that are smaller I would suggest a stander but if they are wide open and large go with another ztr.

freshprince94
03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
ztr. standers have their issues. just a fad.

ProStreetCamaro
03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I wouldnt pay the same price for a stander as a ZTR. I would go 34Z any day over a 34" stander. If I wanted to stand I would get a walkbehind with a velky behind it. A stander doesnt make 1 lick of sense to me.

wiseguyslawn
03-02-2008, 06:48 PM
guess ill go with another lazer or z master

tb8100
03-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I wouldnt pay the same price for a stander as a ZTR. I would go 34Z any day over a 34" stander. If I wanted to stand I would get a walkbehind with a velky behind it. A stander doesnt make 1 lick of sense to me.

I'm waiting for somebody to make a gear drive stander type of machine starting around $3500 with something other than pistol grips. That would be MUCH more practical. :dancing:

THRIFTY
03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
All these people will knock on standers because they haven't ran one. To say they are a fad is absurd. Standers have a huge place in this business and are here to stay. It all depends on what kind of propertys you mow...

ponyboy
03-02-2008, 08:35 PM
i have a everrige stander its great but we do not bag, i would go with the ztr and a bagging system or if you do go with the stand on get the accelator grass catcher just my thoght

wiseguyslawn
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I heard the standers are better for slopes, but if bagging you constantly be stopping to empty. Was wondering about the comfort to from not sitting.

ponyboy
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
they are good on slopes except in the morning they will slide a little nothing beets walking depends on which machine each platform is differnt i feel they are all to small my feet hang off the edge but it is for my guys not me, could always try the sentar sit stand or walk