PDA

View Full Version : How do you setup your Great Dane?

exmarkdude
03-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I have three brand new Great Dane stand-on mowers and am wondering how everyone sets them up for optimal cut and efficiency. What kind of blades does everyone use, tire preesure, etc.

Landrus2
03-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I have three brand new Great Dane stand-on mowers and am wondering how everyone sets them up for optimal cut and efficiency. What kind of blades does everyone use, tire preesure, etc.

is this mower new or used.:waving:

exmarkdude
03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
They are all brand new 2008's with the floating deck and 23 hp Kohlers and I am cutting kentucky blugrass in Indiana.

mowerbrad
03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
What type of mowing will you be doing (ie: bagging, mulching, side discharge)? If you are going to bag I would buy a good high lift blade but if you are going to mulch or side discharge I would buy gator blades. For tire pressure I would fill them just under the recommended psi for the tire. By using just a little bit less it will allow you to have most of the width of the tire on the ground and thus distributing the weight of the mower over a larger area and leading to less damage to the turf caused by the wheels. Be sure not to under inflate too much wear it could cause damage to the wheel it self.

mc24034
03-03-2008, 12:18 AM
What made you buy 3 Great Dane standers? I love mine, just curious if you got a good deal on them or what.

exmarkdude
03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
I found a distributor trying to deal them after Gravely bought them out and I am getting them for right at $4800.00. I didn't think I could go wrong and they have full warranty.

exmarkdude
03-03-2008, 07:56 PM
By the way what kind of blades do you use and what kind of tire pressure and where do you set the speed control for your operation?

mc24034
03-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Def use high lift blades. As far as tire pressure whatever its recommended at. I dont go all the way to full throttle. I believe theres a lil mark that I always put it up to. I love my great dane. Depending on what happens with some possible contracts here I might be buying another 52".