PDA

View Full Version : Magnets

moonscapes
03-02-2008, 06:32 PM
A guy at a sign shop told me that magnets needed to be bigger than 11x17 or they would blow off going down the road. Vistaprint just came out with magnets but the largest size is 11x17. I'd much rather get a cheaper one from vistaprint than spend over 100.00 for one at a sign shop. Does anyone have an 11x17 sign and if so, do you have any trouble with it??? Any better places than Vistaprint to order from?

lawnkingforever
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
My wife got me 2 magnets 11''X17" size last fall at Kinkos for around 60$, they work Ok. They have larger or smaller sizes. My business card is pretty simple, so she just brought one into them and Kinkos made my magnet from the card. Next time I may design something, so the ph# is bigger, but they will work for now.

barefeetny
03-02-2008, 08:27 PM
hahaha the little 9-12"s i bought for my wifes car.. a little subaru

never came off....and i've had that car over 100..

thats dosn't even make sense... the smaller the magnet...the less weight and area there is....unless you have a bondo door, or a really weak magnet....magnets should stay on... take your pizza magnet off the fridge and try it..

the ones for my tacoma are 12X18... also they never even move... i struggle to take them off sometimes in the summer...

i paid about 85 for each set but i like the artist who did them up... nice design

deere615
03-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I forge the exact size of mine, but I know they are bigger that 11x17. I think some of the other ones I seen on lawnsite are bigger than mine and that look nice. If its just you logo and number you might be ok, because you definitly want those to be seen.

BeautifulBlooms
03-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I dont know the age of your company or services, but if you are a full time company (meaning not just weekends or after school) I recommend spending the extra money and getting your trucks lettered with vinyl. The magents work well for those companies who have a personal vehicle being used for business use, however if you are full time the image the magnets represent to your customers and all potential customers who see you is that you are temporary, or not committed. If you are small I totally understand the cost issues with magents versus lettering, but I also know the value of everyone seeing a nicely lettered truck. Kee that in mind as you make this decision and you have to evaluate which is more important right now.

P.S. I just wanted to say I am not knocking anyonehere, just throwing my idea out there. I wish you luck.