PDA

View Full Version : BK or.....???

Landscape Illuminating
03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
I have an application where this light would be perfect. I have to light a 7' long by 16" wide sign from the bottom. This type of fixture would be perfect (assuming it can be used in an upwards direction), rather than having to mount two single stems with uplights. Does anyone have any other similar suggestions similar to this BK fixture. I haven't gotten a price yet, but I'm assuming that this one is a bit much for this customer. This is for a storefront of a rented space (temporary). Who carries BK anyway? Thanks for any input.

BK Twin Star (http://bklighting.com/products.php?ID=344)

http://bklighting.com/cimages/fs-344.jpg

-LI

Pro-Scapes
03-02-2008, 10:21 PM
FOLD is now a BK source as well as wolf creek... niether stock them. I got some BK shastas and they took 5 weeks!

Before one could suggest this fixture one needs to see that sign.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I have used several sign stars and twin stars in the past. After a lot of looking around I thought they would be the best of their kind. So far so good. I had the stems lengthened to 36" to get a better beam spread, then used linear spread lenses. So far so good.... they have been up for 3 years and no issues.

They were only marginally more expensive then the same style from Lumiere.

JoeyD
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Anytime I ever ordered BK it took weeks and weeks to get, jut the way it was. Aurora has some lights like that you might want to check out.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Such is the case with Specification Grade fixtures. Lead time is generally between 4 and 8 weeks. These are made to order.

Eden Lights
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Bk has a nice quick ship list of items, turn around time of less than 7-10 days for me.

Landscape Illuminating
03-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Joey, thanks for the Aurora tip....although I don't see it being any more affordable than BK :)

-LI