PDA

View Full Version : have any of you ever worked a large paper mill

bigheadhunt
03-02-2008, 09:33 PM
i may have the opp. to bid a papermill in my area, any advice would be helpfull

MowHouston
03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Does this have anything to do with lawn maintenance?

This thread might belong in the Off Topic area.

bigheadhunt
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
sorry,should have been more specific. my questions are concerning more of do i need to worry about making all the employees happy, every car with a broken window blame it on the lco.

Throgmorton
03-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I have a contract with a local papermill. It is a national company. I only do their landscape maintenance. It's my biggest maintenance account. We have to carry a 2M Liability policy, watch annual safety videos and take quarterly drug test on all employees. We have to provide them with labels for all our chemicals and herbicides we use. They pay us well.

DeereHauler
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
does it matter that its a papermill? my other large commercial properties pay well, and are just as important as any other to me. if you don't break any windows you should be in good shape.

if they do pay better, let me know, i'll call my local mill tomorrow!

corey4671
03-02-2008, 11:12 PM
be prepared to hold your nose...papermills STINK!! Literally...that has got to be one of the most God awful stenches I have ever come across.

Budget
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
be prepared to hold your nose...papermills STINK!! Literally...that has got to be one of the most God awful stenches I have ever come across.

That's what i was going to say too...:laugh:

At my facility you have to do as Throgmorton said, safety videos, safety glasses, and drug test for any of the employee's that service the property.

rodfather
03-03-2008, 08:21 AM

i always wondered how you got that sickening smell out of your clothes...those paper mills reak to high heaven.