PDA

View Full Version : Insurance and LLC

VictorD21
03-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I am fairly new to the business with this being my 1st year actually focusing on lawn service. I primarily do residential with a few potential commercial clients. I currently have a business license with DBA. I was wondering if there would be a need to setup LLC and wether or not insurance is necessary. I do not plan to add on too many other properties at this time, as I want to make sure that I have plenty of time for quality work. Thanks

S L C
03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Just about all commercials that I deal with have to have E.I.N and copy of business/liability insurance... maybe it is different state to state??

stevenf
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
I am also in Louisiana. Insurance is not required, but is a smart idea. I didnt do enough research so I will finish this year as a sole proprietor. I will be switching to LLC for 2009. Its definately worth the extra money to be an LLC. Get your paperwork from an attourney or legalzoom.com

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Regardless of being a Sole Prop or LLC, you'd better get yourself at least some GL for your operations. One rock-out-the-chute and into a kid on the street and you will wish you had coverage.