PDA

View Full Version : best way to carry trimmers on your Ztr??

DeereHauler
03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
i have some fairly large accounts and my goal is to carry the trimmers on the ztrs when needed. most accounts we walk a long way to trim one little area, and its just a waste of time. i have had employees try to carry the trimmers at their feet and the special racks would be cheaper than the repair bill when they break the trimmer. i have seen a couple different ways to mount trimmers to your equipment, and i want to see what people are using, how they like it, and prices.

thanks.

accuratelawn
03-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I just carry the trimmer on the floor pan and lay the shaft across my shoulder.

DeereHauler
03-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I just carry the trimmer on the floor pan and lay the shaft across my shoulder.

i don't want to make a second trip, i want the trimmer there the whole time, so when i get to that far away spot i jump off and trim, and then go back to mowing.

trying to avoid "holdig the trimmer" like i said, guys drop them, and the break.

dgZtrak737
03-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I think jungle jims makes a rack for your mower. I have thought about getting one myself
This has nothing to do with what your talking about, but I was interested to know how you liked your bagger on your 757. Does it have the new powerflow.
Thanks

DeereHauler
03-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I think jungle jims makes a rack for your mower. I have thought about getting one myself
This has nothing to do with what your talking about, but I was interested to know how you liked your bagger on your 757. Does it have the new powerflow.
Thanks

from what i understand i do have the newer unit. i don't know anything about the older unit. i love the entire system, on and off in minutes. i keep the rear frame on my trailer, and the powerflow, bags, and tube in my truck bed. i don't bag a lot, so this system is great. it has been very strong, and reliable. i have it on the Mulch on demand deck, which deere says it shouldn't be, but it still works great. i can partially close the mod when bagging, and only take half of the clipping, and the rest gets mulched up for the customers.

how i miss a clean mower...

dgZtrak737
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM
from what i understand i do have the newer unit. i don't know anything about the older unit. i love the entire system, on and off in minutes. i keep the rear frame on my trailer, and the powerflow, bags, and tube in my truck bed. i don't bag a lot, so this system is great. it has been very strong, and reliable. i have it on the Mulch on demand deck, which deere says it shouldn't be, but it still works great. i can partially close the mod when bagging, and only take half of the clipping, and the rest gets mulched up for the customers.
how i miss a clean mower...

Thats a really good idea.
Does that powerflow ever clog up? Does the motor ever offer to bog down

jdogg399
03-03-2008, 12:04 AM
trimmer trap sell something to hold trimmer on mower and on/off in minutes

corey4671
03-03-2008, 12:08 AM
yes jungle jims has a rack...the trimmer mate I think is the name. I have one sitting in the shop that I need to mount this week. I'm like you...I have a couple jobs where there is one little spot that needs trimming and it feels like it is a mile from the truck. Sure would be nice to have that trimmer there, jump off and get it trimmed and get back to mowing. Only thing is its red and gonna clash with that Everride yellow paint.....:hammerhead:

Happy Frog
03-03-2008, 01:07 PM
I put a set of Xtreme Racks on my Bad Boy and they hold the equipment real good :)
I have to be careful though, I've already bent a trimmer shaft by getting too close to a tree... :cry:

mksavage
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I use Jungle Jim Trimmer mate, it a 2 piece set-up , works great, I have it mounted on a Great Dane Chariot, I'll see if I can post a pic. I have a cemetary that to get to it , it's a 1/2 mile easment thru private property
and they won't allow a truck & trailer on site,The trimmer mate makes it
simple.

mowerbrad
03-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Jungle Jim's trimmer mate is nice, it mounts on one side of the mower and works similar to trimmer racks for trailers.

kleankutslawn
03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
anyone have the price of these racks?

corey4671
03-03-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.mowpart.com/trimmer-mate-p-347240.html

corey4671
03-13-2008, 12:09 AM
sure would like to see a pic of the trimmer mate mounted on a ZTR....and please don't go and post the stock photo from some website...know there's a wise@$$ out there somewhere who'd do that...

tb8100
03-13-2008, 03:11 AM
I put a set of Xtreme Racks on my Bad Boy and they hold the equipment real good :)
I have to be careful though, I've already bent a trimmer shaft by getting too close to a tree... :cry:

Pix? I don't see the mower racks on their website... :cool2:

riverwalklandscaping
03-13-2008, 03:16 AM
http://www.mowpart.com/images/TM1b.jpg

ohh of the extreme racks... i think you just take tailer ones and weld/bolt em on however u can

Happy Frog
03-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Pix? I don't see the mower racks on their website... :cool2:

Just the regular trailer racks.
I put them with the rack extensions where the ROPS goes.
Will post a picture or two over the weekend...

grass_cuttin_fool
03-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Just the regular trailer racks.
I put them with the rack extensions where the ROPS goes.
Will post a picture or two over the weekend...
I just replied to this thread so I will get a notice when you post a picture....interested in this also

wayne

corey4671
03-15-2008, 10:11 AM
ok, I'm looking at that stock manufacturer photo and wondering....wouldn't it make more sense to mount that on the other side? think about it....If you are mowing an area that has say a wooded area or up against a building or hedge line, you are going to have the non discharge side up against this barrier... wouldn't this increase the chance of hitting the trimming and damaging it? Look at tractors. ANyone ever notice why most tractors have the exhaust mounted as far to the right as possible?

riverwalklandscaping
03-22-2008, 05:35 PM
You can mount them on either side.

Ford Guy
03-22-2008, 05:41 PM
round-up twice a season then you don't have to get off

Flex-Deck
03-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I just make my own. Here is the trimmer and trash container I carry ALL the time.

chsmith700
03-23-2008, 02:18 AM
http://www.mowpart.com/trimmer-mate-p-347240.html

Trimmer mate available via Mowpart.com

DeereHauler
03-27-2008, 10:12 PM
round-up twice a season then you don't have to get off

yeah...... when you're going for that "professional" look.......no thanks

heres another one i just found, i don't see any prices yet, but i did get prices today from a delaer, he said it was aluminum, so these may be it.. $135 a set

DeereHauler
03-27-2008, 10:30 PM
heres another one i just found, i don't see any prices yet, but i did get prices today from a delaer, he said it was aluminum, so these may be it.. $135 a set

forgot the site.... http://www.novaecorp.com/gridiron.html

really bad site to use though, and i couldn't find any prices on their online store.

Happy Frog
03-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Here is the link to my pics with the Xtreme racks on my ZTR:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=220908

Ford Guy
03-28-2008, 08:28 AM

if the area is so far away that it's an inconvenience that he walks back with a trimmer, then i don't think it's an area that the customer frequents either, so round-up is a "professional" look, i'm not suggesting that he roundups around their front steps just to be lazy, from what i've seen of the majority of those inconvenient spots to trim, guys will either get lazy and skip it, and then it is noticeable from afar, or they go their and scalp it down for a few weeks then they can skip it a couple of times without it being noticeable. i don't think putting a trimmer rack on the back of a zero turn is a good compromise because then you aren't a zero turn anymore not that you've added length to your machine. i wouldn't want any of my employees smashing an $800 trimmer off of a tree

Excursion12
03-28-2008, 09:49 AM
forgot the site.... http://www.novaecorp.com/gridiron.html

really bad site to use though, and i couldn't find any prices on their online store.

This link is inside the Novae store:

http://www.novaecorp.com/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=3&osCsid=8b8ebc7405b537aa1c58f29d16efb207

You can see prices for the components there.

AdamChrap
03-28-2008, 09:53 AM

if the area is so far away that it's an inconvenience that he walks back with a trimmer, then i don't think it's an area that the customer frequents either, so round-up is a "professional" look, i'm not suggesting that he roundups around their front steps just to be lazy, from what i've seen of the majority of those inconvenient spots to trim, guys will either get lazy and skip it, and then it is noticeable from afar, or they go their and scalp it down for a few weeks then they can skip it a couple of times without it being noticeable.

I have a large contract with a big city around here ad they have me use round up o everything! Now granted allot of it is industrial type stuff but there is plenty of nice tree lawns and office building entrances that all get sprayed. Sure it doesn't't look great when it first dies off and yo have to keep up with it so it does not get weeds growing up out of the dirt but if you do it right it looks great. Also if you are careful and know what you are doing it it is possible to spray say a 4" swath along a curb or a 2" swath along a sidewalk and it look neat and clean.

sawman65
03-28-2008, 10:29 AM
trimmer trap makes the best imo i have one on my ferris and even one on my bench holds them tight wile working on them