PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Ramp Assistance Accessories

CALandscapes
03-02-2008, 11:23 PM
The rear ramp on our 18' trailer is HEAVY. I was originally going to use the trailer solely for hauling trees, soil, gravel, and large machines, but have gotten in to a position where I'm using it for hauling mowers for one of my mowing crews..

Anyway, the rear door is very HEAVY (probably 50+ lbs). I want to say that it's 6'6" wide by about 6' tall, and it's very well built (which translates to heavy). For whatever it's worth, the door is removable in order to put on ramps to load a skid steer or to load pallets in back of the trailer.

I'm interested in hearing about what type of rear door assistance you'll use (i.e. Gorilla Lifts or winches). Also, I'd like to use the best product for the lowest $ (don't we all want that? Ha)

Any advice, suggestions, and/or feedback from sponsors would be appreciated. Please keep in mind that I would like to retain the option of removing the door when needed.

Thanks!

Chase

CALandscapes
03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
None of you'll use anything to help with lifting your trailer ramps up and down??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Chase

Tharrell
03-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I'd post pics of my trailer but, apparently they can't be reposted. I have the best option in my opinion. I have leaf springs on the back and the side gates. The gates can be removed with the pull of a couple of pins. Do a search on my username in the trailer forum and you'll see the pics. Tony