PDA

View Full Version : Wright stander leaving ruts in yard?

Stinchcomb Lawn
03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of buying the wright stander 32. I have read several post about the 32 leaving ruts in yards. Have they fixed this problem or is it still happening. For those of you who currently run this machine let me know what you think. Is the 15 kaw big enough, how is the rutting, etc.:confused:

Thanks,

Brandon

tamadrummer
03-02-2008, 11:35 PM
You cannot fix a problem with a person that does not know how to operate a machine except to teach them how to operate that machine.

Leaving ruts is the end result of poor operations not bad quality manufacturing.

Stinchcomb Lawn
03-03-2008, 12:53 AM
The post that I've read on here about the 32 leaving ruts are from the small and narrow tires on the back of the mower. I want to see if this is still an issue before I spend the money on a machine I can't use. I also want to make sure there isn't an other issues that I should be aware of.

Thanks

Stinchcomb Lawn
03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
No one has anything to say about this ?? I'm going to order this mower this week !! Who is using this mower ?

cfrymow
03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
I would not worry about that problem. If you run all out anything will leave ruts. A friend of mine has one and I have a 52 and in are opinion there is nothing better. Id say get it.

mcduff48
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
As a Wright dealer, I have delivered a number of these units and honestly have not heard any negative feedback concerning "rutting" except in wet conditions. I believe that you will enjoy the product. Good luck! :usflag:

Stinchcomb Lawn
03-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys,

I appericate the input I'm going today to the dealer to order it !!

coonman
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
We used to have the 36. We had a terrible problem with it rutting. It had nothing to do with the operator. This thing would rut just making your straight passes across the yard. We had to roll one yard for a customer because of the ruts. Had many complaints from customers, we finally sold it because of this problem. If you have a lawn that has softer than normal turf or it has been raining some the day before, FORGET IT! You will rut the yard bad. I think the 36 weighed around 660lbs and then a 200 pound operator standing directly on top of that. With its compact size, small tires and 800 plus pounds it would rut. I would check it out carefully before buying. It did leave a very nice cut and is well built. For a lot of reasons including around half the price, you might check out the Quick 32. Good luck.

TPLawnPro
03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
You cannot fix a problem with a person that does not know how to operate a machine except to teach them how to operate that machine.

Leaving ruts is the end result of poor operations not bad quality manufacturing.

I own a 32" Stander, and tamadrummer is absolutely correct. If someone is leaving ruts in a lawn with the Stander 32, then they obviously need to learn or re-learn how to negotiate turns and maneuvers on this machine.

You'll get it figured out soon enough. Have faith.

T.E.
03-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I have one, bought it toward the last of 2007. Don't have a lot of experience with it. That being said, I have seen ruts made with a 21" Toro proline, if that tells you anything. If the ground is soft don't mow....really quite simple. Good luck.

GreenN'Clean
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Those machines are for skinny people not 400 pounders...

IN2MOWN
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Nothing is made for 400 LB people. Period.

I'm 6'3 230 and have never had a problem running one. I dont consider myself "skinny".

Stinchcomb Lawn
03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
I went to the dealer, the price difference between the 32 and 36 is $100. Now what do I do ??? Is it worth the money or should I stay with the 32 ?:confused:

IN2MOWN
03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I went to the dealer, the price difference between the 32 and 36 is $100. Now what do I do ??? Is it worth the money or should I stay with the 32 ?:confused:

Are your backyards gated? Can you get a 36 in them? If so then its worth it.

GreenN'Clean
03-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Nothing is made for 400 LB people. Period.

I'm 6'3 230 and have never had a problem running one. I dont consider myself "skinny".

I was being sarcastic, anyone weighing 400 lbs needs to walking there huge asses off anyways

Wright Mfg
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM

If you don't need the 32" for small gates, get the 36" if you're concerned that it might leave ruts. The Tires on the 32" are the same ones that were on the 36" back a few years ago.The newer 36", as of a few years ago, has wider rear tires, 18x8.5" vs. 18x6.5"

JV

mowerbrad
03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
It all depends on your needs. 32 will fit through any gate without a problem but a 36 might not be able to get through some gates. If you are just getting one as a second mower I would go with the 32 just because you might get some gated properties that have huge backyards and it would not be fun to do them with a 21''. Good Luck with your purchase.

ed2hess
03-03-2008, 09:24 PM
If money is not a problem move to the 36" Sentar those tires are fine and you get the Rapid Height adustment and 17hp Kaw. It is a very nice unit..

SKAGMAN7
03-03-2008, 09:31 PM
I have a 32" wright and and it's great.no ruts and very nice cut,plenty of power!

Whitey4
03-03-2008, 09:43 PM
This was one of the many reasons I went with the Quick 32. It's only 319 lbs, wide tires, and why would someone need a stander or sulky on a machine this size anyway?

I see a lot of lawns with ruts... the crews NEVER change the mowing pattern. They want to cut in the direction that makes the job go the fastest. Enter.... the LCO that gives a chit, me. You guys with the heavy standers, just keep on doin what yer doin. makes it easy to pick off accounts. Mowing is the easy part, getting customers is the hard part for newer LCO's. More turns are your friend.... get into that volume mindset, and the quality of care suffers.... but I'm glad so many LCO's do just that.

rogerwb
03-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I have a 48" RH On wet grass you need to be carefull when turning. I have not had a problem with rutting. The key is to keep both wheels turning. One forward and one backwards when turning. This can be done with some practice.

Stinchcomb Lawn
03-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Thanks for all the replies ! I still can't decide the issue is the 32 leaves ruts or does it ?:confused: The 36 will it fit through all gates or not ??:confused: Wright should just make a 32 with large tires and this wouldn't be suck a pain in the azz !!! I'll let you guys know which one I decide to go with. Thanks again !! :hammerhead:

ed2hess
03-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies ! I still can't decide the issue is the 32 leaves ruts or does it ?:confused: The 36 will it fit through all gates or not ??:confused: Wright should just make a 32 with large tires and this wouldn't be suck a pain in the azz !!! I'll let you guys know which one I decide to go with. Thanks again !! :hammerhead:

If they did there would not be any place to stand on the smaller unit. Obviously a unit that you ride on and weighs more than a walk behind can leave ruts over time. Some of the little walk behinds have narrow tires also.

Wright Mfg
03-04-2008, 08:45 AM
If they did there would not be any place to stand on the smaller unit.

Exactly!

....and the 32" Stander rear tires are actually wider than many 32" walk behind rear tires. 6.5" vs. 4"

JV