PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try a Hustler Trimmaster H-bar walkbehind?

AllAmericanlawn
03-02-2008, 11:52 PM
That is either the coolest or the craziest thing i have saw! I was wondering if anyone had any experience on one and their opinion?

Blueribbonlawns
03-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I have, they are pretty easy once you get the hang of it im still deciding on either the hustler or a quick, the hustlers are built like a tank and are a full floating deck, So here is the way i look at it i can get a hustler trimstar for $4700 or i can get a quick sameri for $2800.
It looks like the quick's are easyer to run and i think thats what im going to go with???

naturescape
03-03-2008, 02:36 PM
I've tried Hustler's system. I much prefer the control you have over each wheel independently with pistols, ecs, or loop steering.

Blueribbonlawns
03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Haha it's called TRIMSTAR not trimmaster

Zooropa93
03-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I have, they are pretty easy once you get the hang of it im still deciding on either the hustler or a quick, the hustlers are built like a tank and are a full floating deck, So here is the way i look at it i can get a hustler trimstar for $4700 or i can get a quick sameri for $2800.
It looks like the quick's are easyer to run and i think thats what im going to go with???

If you can still find the old hydro walk behind from Hustler it's way better than a trimstar. It had the more durable pump and wheel motor setup instead of the IZT crap that's really designed for consumer Z's. The Trimstar is still a deecnt mower, but it's not as good as the mower it replaced.

specialtylc
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
If you can still find the old hydro walk behind from Hustler it's way better than a trimstar. It had the more durable pump and wheel motor setup instead of the IZT crap that's really designed for consumer Z's. The Trimstar is still a deecnt mower, but it's not as good as the mower it replaced.
I agree. I seen the new trimstar last summer and there was no way I wanted to replace my 2000 Hustler WB with that. So I had my dealer track down an unsold old style machine. I bought one to replace the old one.

Howard Roark
03-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I tried one for a demo. Very cool steering system once you get used to it. With a sulky on flat land it's most likely great, however it's heavy in the following categories:

Price = Ouch!

Weight= Forget it if it's damp at all....mega ruts

Decided on the Quick 36 and never looked back. Now with new things on the horizon for Better Outdoor Products, it's my opinion those "other" guys and their heavy machines will become a thing of the past.

tb8100
03-03-2008, 08:58 PM
why the crap does Hustler not have a belt drive wb??

jhsmith4
03-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I purchased a Trimstar 48" w/b last summer. It took me about 2 lawns to really get the hang of it. It's an awesome machine!!!! I demoed the Bobcat Hydro also, that's also a great machine. But the H handle is much easier to control. I installed a Proslide XT on the Trimstar, works real well. I'm 47, 220lbs and it pulled me with no problem!! Go get you one, you'll never regret it!

Zooropa93
03-04-2008, 02:26 AM

they do....or at least last year they did. I can't tell you abuot this year cause we dropped hustler for scag.

Zooropa93
03-04-2008, 02:28 AM

they do....or at least last year they did. I can't tell you about this year cause we dropped hustler for scag.

tb8100
03-04-2008, 08:51 AM
their site only has the hydros...

tb8100
03-04-2008, 08:54 AM
residential IZT transaxles at that. That's disappointing. You'd think they'd at least put ZT2800s on there.

Blueribbonlawns
03-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey for the price of the hustler trimstar im getting a wright stander 36'' 17hp !!!! for $99 more!!