PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper Ad

Scagmower48
03-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I plan on advertising in the local free newspaper that everybody in town gets. (POP. around 40,000) Its going to be a 2inchx2inch ad. Besides my services (I mainly trying to get 10 mowing accounts) what else can I put in the ad to get people to call me. Im also placing 3000 doorhangers in my town also. Im prolly going overboard with advertising, but I want to make sure I get 10 more accounts. Also Im going to have an ad im my church bulletin advertising section.

Thanks for the advice guys!

TREEGUARD
03-03-2008, 03:12 PM
you should get that from the door hangers easy. Close 1% of the estimates & you'll have 30 accounts

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Scagmower - in my limited experience, you can't market your business enough. The minute you think you have done enough marketing, you stop, and then you don't get enough customers. May and June go by, and lights out, there will be no more seasonal customers for you. You have to get the new customers in the Spring or it won't happen. Do as you say you are going to do, market like crazy in a variety of ways, and take notes on what works and what doesn't work for next season. Best of luck!

Scagmower48
03-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks DA, I absoulutly agree with you. I don't want it to be June and say to myself, Gee I wish i did that form of advertising. I want to try all possible ways and see what happens. Does anybody have any sugestions for the newspaper ads though?