PDA

View Full Version : Stick Edger help

Scarlawnturf
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Without turning this into a "this one is better than that one" thread, I'd appreciate some advice on stick edgers. I've operated for years without one, but recently picked up some new properties with lots of sidewalks and figure a dedicated stick edger is the way to go. My current equipment is Echo and Stihl. I like both a lot. They both have stick edger models that have curved shafts at the end which I guess means flexable shafts, although Stihl makes a straight shaft model also. Do I stick with a straight shaft model? Any advice is appreciated.

ffemt1271
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
i would stick with a straight shaft, i bought a LE-230 and have since went to LE-260's. the extra power is worth it when it comes to cutting thru thick grass and you can go as fast as you want, my 230 would bog down when i was going fast:usflag:

LawnSharks
03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Stay with the Stihl straight shaft. You won't be disappointed!

Big C
03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I bought a Redmax HEZ2401S this weekend...I am very impressed with it's power so far.....in the process of upgrading all of my residential equipment to Redmax

Lazer_Z
03-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Stay with the Stihl straight shaft. You won't be disappointed! I'll second this and add that with the Stihl you can also change out the edger gear head for other attachments.