PDA

View Full Version : commercial bid/need some help

jharbin2007
03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
i was wanting to know alittle info on what you guys charge per acre? i am in alabama, i am turning a bid in this week on two sep. apt complexes,all one job though. they are 4 miles apart one is 12 acres and the other is 5. so a total of 17 acres, it just has to be edged, weed eated, and mowed nothing out of the ordianary you know. i heard someone here was turning a bid in on it for 20k, i haven't ever bidded on something so large just trying to see the best way to figure it out on paper.

S&D Commercial Lawncare
03-05-2008, 04:20 AM
How many cuts are expected on this bid?....that's going to make quite a difference. Here locally in SC, commercial properties are normally $40-60 per acre for a weekly mow, trim, edge and blow. $40 per acre if it is a weekly cut with few obstacles, slopes, little trimming, no chemical...etc. Should be able to get $50-55 acre for something biweekly with average trimming and edging. It really is all relative to the property though. I've never done a job for less than $40/acre, but I have worked several properties for $75/acre b/c of difficult terrain and few professional bids. All of my properties are 10+ acres.

kleankutslawn
03-05-2008, 05:14 AM
i will need more info to answer that.how many cuts? how much grass area?what type of equipment are you using?

jharbin2007
03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
i have a 36 wb/ exmark turf tracer and a 60 in wb same model. i went ahead and turned to bid in they wanted it on a per service cut, with the cutting season mid march to mid october. the only thing is our grass in alabama can still be cut into dec. i talk to the complex the lady stated as long as there is grass growin it has to be cut.... long story but i turned it in on 799.00 per cut alittle over 47 dollars per acre. lets keep our fingers crossed and hope i get it.! thanks for everyones help, this site is to good!!