PDA

View Full Version : Whos going to Lightfair?

eskerlite
03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Whos going to Lightfair? I am thinking about it. $400.00 for NS rt flight from Boston and hotel at Luxor. Wednesday to Friday. Whos in?
Sean C.

JoeyD
03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
what are the dates on Lightfair?

Pro-Scapes
03-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Sean I will probably be there. Mike G and I are trying to arrange an install at my sisters home if possible but still waiting to hear from her on that. I will be in town for probably 10 days as I will be there for another convention before LF...

Make sure you meet up with us. Dinner on me.

steveparrott
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I'll be there, too.

Frog Lights, LLC
03-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I will also be there.

JoeyD
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I will see you all there!!!

NiteTymeIlluminations
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I'll be there. I have a very busy schedule while I'm there though. jeez!

Pro-Scapes
03-04-2008, 03:10 PM
so which manufacture is buying dinner then ?? :laugh:

NiteTymeIlluminations
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't know who's buying for you Billy but I know who's buying for me though. I just made a major committment to a mfr and I think its going to work out perfectly but I'm looking forward to looking at a few other guys and researching a few little niche lines.

Things that really appeal to me are some of the LED rope lighting lines, LED strip lights, and some custom guys. Took a liking recently to justice design, lumascape (alot of their stuff isnt available in the states) and hevi light has a few pieces I'm using a couple hundred of here and there.

I really need to just hang out see what's out there so I made a crap load of appts with mfrs and drinks later with some of the best lighting designers in the world. I'm stoked!

Lite4
03-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Good lord man, you do lighting on a scale I can't even imagine. Good for you!!!

NiteTymeIlluminations
03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
yeah its weird. I was a distributor serving alot of people and didnt use this much lighting. Looking forward to lightfair though. It's been a while.

Looking into that justice design for their non glary sconces and their mini pendants...they are really cool!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
So, who IS going to Lightfair?

I will be there 27th-30th. Working 1/2 days on the trade show floor. Lots of time to kill otherwise.

NightScenes
05-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I get there on Wednesday and leave on Saturday!! I'm sure looking forward to getting away for a few days.

Lite4
05-23-2008, 02:41 AM
I am trying to work it out so I can go. We'll see.

Terradek
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I'll be there on Wed. morn leaving Thurs. evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Gerry De La Vega
AOLP, CLVLT #0404

JoeyD
05-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I ill be there Tuesday leaving on Friday.

The Lighting Geek
05-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm flying in Wed. AM and leaving Friday evening. It should be fun and will give me a chance to meet everyone.

irrig8r
05-23-2008, 11:59 AM
*** LEDs Magazine *** LightFair Exhibitor Preview

LightFair International takes place on May 28-30 in Las Vegas, NV. The companies listed below are among the many exhibitors at the event.

The LEDs Magazine team will also be at the show - please visit our booth number 2583.

LIGHTFAIR DAILY: Our blog describing key announcements, news and views from Lightfair will be posted at www.ledsmagazine.com/news.

++++++++++++

SPONSOR: Cree
Booth no. 2635

Lighting-Class LEDs. Cree XLamp LEDs.
Cree XLamp LEDs deliver lighting-class performance, excellent color point stability and the industry's highest power in a rugged, reflow-solderable surface mount package optimized for design flexibility, and thermal efficiency.

Visit Cree at Lightfair booth #2635 or contact a Cree Solutions Provider or distributor at www.cree.com/products/lightleds.asp?WT.mc_id=cr1065.

++++++++++++

CO-SPONSOR: Lambda Research Corporation
Booth no. 1698

TRACEPRO, lighting design and engineering software for architectural and specialty illumination design including daylighting, and TracePro Bridge for SolidWorks for 3D MCAD interoperability with optical software will be demonstrated at Lambda Research's booth #1698. TracePro models radiometric and photometric systems and its simulation results include illuminance/luminance data, as well as CIE xy/uv chart and color view.

For product data and application information, go to http://www.lambdares.com/downloads/DataSheets/TracePro40Lighting.pdf

++++++++++++

EXHIBITORS:

ROHM Electronics USA
Booth no. 1827

ROHM designs and manufactures a wide range of components including IC, discrete and module products. In the optoelectronic sector, ROHM manufactures chip and lamp LEDs as well as dot matrix and numeric displays. ROHM's latest LEDs for illumination products include LED lighting modules, high-power LED drivers, and high-power and high-color rendering LEDs.

Web: www.rohmelectronics.com/Ads/advertisement-4.html

++++++++++++

Color Kinetics
Booth no. 1721

Philips ColorReach Powercore combines unprecedented output and digital control to make LED sources viable for even the largest-scale exterior transformations. With more than 4,000 lumens of output and 400-foot projection, the fixture brings saturated color and dynamic effects to large buildings, monuments, bridges and towers for sustainable city beautification.

Web: www.colorkinetics.com

++++++++++++

Edison Opto
Booth no. 2793

Edison Opto, a Taiwan-based leading Power LED manufacturer, offers a comprehensive product line ranging from 1Watt to 100Watt, Single-Chip to Multi-Chip, and High-Flux to High-CRI. The diversified product offering answers to even the most challenging designs. Come to visit us to experience the latest evolution in solid state lighting technology.

Web: www.edison-opto.com.tw

++++++++++++

OSRAM SYLVANIA
Booth no. 559

Industry Leading Products and Services:
OSRAM SYLVANIA is a leader in lighting solutions and LED products that feature innovative design and energy saving technology. Designed for general illumination, task and specialty applications, signage installations and custom solutions, LED offerings from OSRAM SYLVANIA provide unlimited system possibilities.

Web: www.sylvania.com/LED

++++++++++++

Optiled Holdings Co. Ltd.
Booth no. 2315

Optiled Holdings Co. Ltd. has well established on LED lighting solutions, specializing in both lamps and fixtures; we are positioned on the bright side of the lighting technology curve, and continually introduce new product innovations. LED technology is cost effective, energy efficient and environmentally friendly. Our company's strength in continuous research and development has lead us to embrace our company's motto : "Shaping the Future of Light".

Web: www.optiled.com

++++++++++++

Citizen
Booth no. 2137

New Citizen LEDs for General Lighting will be presented at LFI2008
* High CRI version "Ra95"
* CL-L190 series: 408lm for MR16 replacement.
* CL-L220 (2900K): 900lm LED higher than 60W incandescent bulb
* CL-L220 (5000K): Highest lumen output, 1180lm, from 1 LED.
* Flexible driving solution: Over 100lm/W or 1000lm achievable.

Web: http://ce.citizen.co.jp/e/

++++++++++++

Shenzhen Jiuzhou Optelectronics Company
Booth no. 2813

Shenzhen Jiuzhou Optelectronics Company, a subsidiary company of Sichuan Jiuzhou Optoelectronics Ltd., which is the top-ranking supplier of LED industry in China and an enterprises in concentration of independent research, production and sale. With annual high-power package of 4kk, and low-power package capacity of 400kk, the company has invested several hundred million dollars for the purchase of the international advanced packaging equipment and now the world-class packaging production base has been built.

Web: www.jz-led.com

++++++++++++

Seoul Semiconductor
Booth no. 233

Seoul Semiconductor provides Ariche (AC-driven semiconductor light source), Power, Side View, Top View, Chip, Lamp and High Flux LEDs, and custom type modules in global LED markets. Acriche is recognized as a promising future light source because it can be easily operated without a converter, driver and ballast, and has 80lm/w with long lifespan.

Web: http://acriche.com/en/

++++++++++++

Heatron
Booth no. 2273

Heatron's new LED Design Center offers industry-leading design facilities to accommodate the most complex projects. Heatron offers a wide range of HP LED project design and development services, technology competencies including optics, thermal management, power sources and drivers, cost effective production and assembly capabilities and in-depth industry and technology expertise.

Web: www.heatron.com

++++++++++++

Everlight Americas Inc.
Booth no. 2801

Established in 1983, Everlight Electronics establishes bases all over the world to provide prompt service and delivery. LED future applications comprise markets for illumination, LCD backlight and automotive lighting. With outstanding capacity for manufacture, Everlight will further expand its territory to meet the rising demand from the global LED market.

Web: www.everlight.com

++++++++++++

Fawoo Technology
Booth no. 2563

Fawoo is seeking worldwide Joint Venture Agents who will induce a successful connection between Fawoo and potential local JV partners. $100,000 cash reward and more! Apply now!

Web: www.fawoo.com/agent1/?referrer=banner&b_host=led

++++++++++++

Illumination Management Solutions
Booth no. 2680

Illumination Management Solutions, Inc. (IMS) has developed a number of proprietary optical solutions/platforms with efficiencies up to 96%. this results in a variety of outdoor lighting products that meet or exceed IES Standards. The company has also formed a lamp division with the introduction of the "World's brightest" MR16 at only 4 watts with a Par Program expected by late Summer.

Web: www.imslighting.com

++++++++++++

PerkinElmer Optoelectronics
Booth no. 2507

PerkinElmer Elcos, a global provider of LED solutions, will introduce the expansion of the ACULED VHL(tm) (Very High Lumen) family of high power, high efficiency LEDs to include a full line of all-white and multi-color/white LEDs, The new white offerings provide superior color mixing, four separately addressable chips, adjustable color temperatures and low thermal resistance.

Web: www.optoelectronics.perkinelmer.com

++++++++++++

ROAL Electronics USA, Inc.
Booth no. 1494

ROAL has over 25 years of experience designing and manufacturing digitally controlled power electronics, enabling us to deliver customized LED lighting solutions that POWER, CONTROL and TRANSFORM your Solid State Lighting ideas. Specializing in concept to quick turnaround, ROAL is the power behind SMART LED Lighting.

Web: www.roallivingenergy.com

++++++++++++

Lynk Labs, Inc.
Booth no. 2137

Lynk Labs is the LED industry's leading manufacturer of AC LED light engines, drive and system technology. Accelerate product design and time to market with the bulb n' ballast simplicity of Lynk Labs AC LED technology. Visit us at LFI 2008 exhibiting with Citizen Electronics in booth # 2137.

Web: www.lynklabs.com

++++++++++++

Magtech Industries Corp.
Booth no. 492

Magtech Industries Corp. is a US based switch-mode power supply manufacturer dedicated to the design, manufacture and distribution of high quality LED driver power supplies. We provide the most complete LED driver solutions for the LED applications. Our product ranged from 3W to 240W for dry, damp and wet locations.

Web: www.magtechind.com

++++++++++++

Luminit
Booth no. 2800

Luminit is a privately held high technology company specializing in custom and standard holographic diffuser solutions. Luminit has commercial experience that covers areas including LED lighting, bio-medical, semiconductor metrology, architectural lighting and display applications. Luminit Light Shaping Diffusers are available directly or through its network of domestic and international distributors.

Web: www.luminitco.com

++++++++++++

Carmanah Technologies Corp.
Booth no. 1165

Carmanah Technologies Corp.'s leading stand-alone solar area lighting solution is now better and brighter than ever. Experience this revolutionary new solution by visiting us at LIGHTFAIR International 2008. Can't wait until LightFair? We'll be announcing our exciting news on May 20th, visit carmanahlighting.com/LEDs to learn more.

Web: www.carmanahlighting.com/LEDs

++++++++++++

Fraen Corp.
Booth no. 2911

Fraen Corporation, the World Wide leader of innovative optical solutions for high-powered LEDS will introduce a family of Revolutionary adjustable optical systems along with numerous standard and custom optical solutions in 2008. Whether you have a need for a standard or custom solution, Fraen is your full service provider for all of your optical needs.

Web: www.fraensrl.com

++++++++++++

Vossloh-Schwabe Optoelectronics
Booth no. 1347

The popular LEDLine Flex family now includes a High Brightness version. Using 0.5W LEDs, this flexible module is available in white, red, green & blue. Providing 540 lm/m, it is 4x brighter than the conventional version. At 16 feet, it is the longest in its class, and almost infinitely versatile.

Web: www.vs-optoelectronic.com

++++++++++++

Power Vector
Booth no. 1498

Power Vector's IRIS LED Driver Dimmer combines power isolation, DMX512 Interface, and up to 8 programmable current drivers. Power Vector has developed their unique patent pending dimming method for all of their products. The IRIS intended to work with any high brightness LEDs from 350mA up to 1500mA.

Web: www.powervector.com

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Pretty good Gregg... although you missed the booth I will be working in! :) Just have to keep it a surprise until the show I guess....

This edition of Lightfair is definately going to be a LED Light-a-palooza.

Have a great day.

Pro-Scapes
05-24-2008, 12:27 PM
We are already in Vegas. The weather has been somewhat cool for this time of year but it should warm up nice next week for lightfair.

We are headed tmrw for a rafting trip in the canyon but will be back in town on Tuesday. Hope to see some of you there!

irrig8r
05-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Pretty good Gregg... although you missed the booth I will be working in! :) Just have to keep it a surprise until the show I guess....

This edition of Lightfair is definately going to be a LED Light-a-palooza.

Have a great day.

I wondered about that James. That was lifted straight from the LEDs magazine E-newsletter. So how come the one you're affiliated with isn't listed? Too new? Or did the others pay for their listings? Of course, I won't be there. Busy week ahead.

NiteTymeIlluminations
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I'll be boarding a flight in the am. I'll be at the show Wednesday am till my feet hurt.

NightScenes
05-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Have seen Doug, Billy, Tommy, Joey, Nate, Mike, Matt, Gerry, and others here at Lightfair. This is one HUGE show.

JoeyD
06-02-2008, 10:45 AM
the show was awesome! USHIO released there new MR-16 LED. Cant wait to start playing with that.

Sure was great hanging will you guys that attended!! You too Mike G. I know your watching...........

Chris we missed you buddy! You too Tim!

Lite4
06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Next year for sure!!

NightScenes
06-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Next year is New York City!! We'll see if I can make it, my wife will probably want to go since she's been bugging me to take her to NYC.

NiteTymeIlluminations
06-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm going to the Hamburg show instead next year

irrig8r
06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
wrong lightfair thread....

genesgreen
06-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I've missed it the last two years. These airfare prices are killing me. Sounds like I haven't missed too much though. Hopefully will be able to make it out next spring.

Pro-Scapes
06-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Airfare was rather high. I think we paid 448 each but I know we paid a premium for using the small regional airport here but considering gas and parking fees not to mention a long drive it was well worth the 100 bucks more.

In comparison 2 years ago we paid 239ea to fly to vegas.