PDA

View Full Version : Mixed thaughts about todays results from beating on doors.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I live 15 miles outside a city of about 70,000. Down the road the other way from me about 15 miles is a town of about 2,500 and to this point no other LCOs from in the city thaught it was worth going out that far since they had plenty of work in town. Today I went to the small town and started knocking on doors and telling people what I had to offer. Apparently they have been out in the country too long because they looked at me like I was crazy to be talking about lawn care in the month of March. I tried to explain that now is the time for Power raking, aerating, fertalizing, seeding, etc. They just said they let the grass get 8"-10"tall and pay a neighbors kid to go over about 3 times a summer. I can't believe so many people don't care if their yard looks so crappy. Many of their homes were pretty decent and most have enough money to have their yard kept up, but they don't look at it as needed. In town even broke people do atleast half assed yard care instead of none at all.

Weekes
03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
My family (parents and such) are small town farming people they have a hard time believing I actually get so many people to pay to take care of their yards. I hear all the time "Don't they have kids or grandkids or something?"

IndyChad
03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Maybe that is why no other LCO's come to that area, not because they have not thought of it before.

kleankutslawn
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Maybe that is why no other LCO's come to that area, not because they have not thought of it before.

you may have hit the nail on the head!!!!