PDA

View Full Version : Stihl vs Shindaiwa

dwc
03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I have been running Stihl and with the ever growing number of problems I have had with the new 4 mix stuff I am now looking at Shindaiwa or another brand.

My question is what Shindaiwa trimmer would compare with the FS80R and what one would compare with the FS110R? It looks like as far as specs it would be the T242 and T260 respectively. Does anyone have any real world comparisons? Wanting to stay away from the 4 stroke Shindaiwa's also.

Thanks

Landrus2
03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Shindaiwa or redmax.:waving:

tamadrummer
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I love Shindaiwa 2 cycle stuff! It is simply awesome! I have used Stihl 2 cycle, (Not 4 mix) Husqavarna and own John Deere and Shindi. As I buy more 2 cycle, it will only be Shindi!

As far as a blower goes, I was bent on buying the EB8510 but my local Deere dealer can sell me the Stihl BR600 using my 18 green fleet points and added other discounts for far better than the other dealer can so it makes better business sense for me to buy it from them sense they are my main dealer anyway.

Good Luck and go for the Shin!!

Lynch Landscaping
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Shindaiwa has always worked for me, never had a problem. Whatever product you choose you will be happy with it.

yungman
03-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Yes!!! Stay away from Shindaiwa C4 stuff also, I don't think they are any better!!! I bought the C4 blower and I regret every bit of it.

You consider Redmax? they are not expensive and they are light. Shindaiwa stuff build like a tank, and they weight like a tank!!!! And are they expensive. T272 is asking for $439!!!!!

If you consider Shindaiwa, meaning weight is not an issue to you. You should really consider Honda. Cheaper and not heavier. The Honda 25cc HHT25 is 13lb, which is lighter than Shindaiwa T261 of smaller engine. The HHT35 is 14.7lb which is the same weight as Shindaiwa T272 but with much more powerful engine. Honda reliability is in another dimension!!!! Hondas are much cheaper also.

Shindaiwa T242 is $300. Is it as good as the bread and butter T261 and T272??!!

Redmax and Honda will be my choice.

Good luck