PDA

View Full Version : Old Commercial References

tsmith72
03-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I have been in landscaping for 10 years. I sat out the past 2 years to embark on new endeavors (real estate). Unfortunately, that wasn’t a good venture. I’m now back into the landscaping business and trying to contract commercial clients. However, I’m running into the dilemma of providing references that will help validate my experience and customer service provided. Prior to my leaving the business I had several commercial clients such as Golden Corral, Good Year Commercial Tire, and some apartment complexes. Since my absence, these companies have switched management or are under new ownership. My question is how I go about acquiring commercial clients without my previous references or without directly/indirectly knowing someone who “oversees” the business????

Jpocket
03-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I would say just present yourself like a million bucks, talk the talk, and walk the walk.

Show them some old Contracts or Invoices or whatever to prove that you used to service the property. If thats not acceptable, you'll just have to treat it like its a totally new property.

mowerbrad
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Just go in there and get the job just like you did the first time. Make sure to dress appropriately. If you have company apparell, wear it, it will make you look that much more professional. These big commercial companies are looking for services that are professional and reliable. Good Luck!!!