PDA

View Full Version : JRCO aerator for a Walker mower? or just JRCO in general

Jason Rose
03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Anyone own one? or even just a JRCO areator for any other brand, since they are all the same. Do they work well? Do the "soft plugs" they pull satisfy you (you feel that it does a good enough job). I'm thinking about one... But I'm not about to buy another DUD aerator! If it dosn't do as good of a job as say a Ryan (or comparable) walkbehind unit, I don't want to even bother.

On the Walker models, they have a "deckless mount" available for the aerator, I know it's a stretch, but does anyone have one of those??

mowerbrad
03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
I've used the jrco dethatchers before, they are built very rugged and for the commercial user. If their areators are anything like their front mount dethatchers you will be very happy with your purchase.

Jason Rose
03-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I need info on the Hooker Aerator. there's a world of difference between the two attachments. A dethatcher rake is a very simple machine, a aerator is much more complicated... Iv'e seen too many that *CLAIM* to work great and then in real life don't work worth a crap. There's a lot of engineering and geometry invloved in making a machine that actually works as intended... Too many brands out there just crank out something that looks like the product that they want to sell and slap a price on it and start reeling in suckers.

gene gls
03-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I need info on the Hooker Aerator. there's a world of difference between the two attachments. A dethatcher rake is a very simple machine, a aerator is much more complicated... Iv'e seen too many that *CLAIM* to work great and then in real life don't work worth a crap. There's a lot of engineering and geometry invloved in making a machine that actually works as intended... Too many brands out there just crank out something that looks like the product that they want to sell and slap a price on it and start reeling in suckers.

I have a Hooker areator for my Walker. Used it a few times but don't like it. There is a night and day differance between the Hooker and a Plugger. The Hooker will put a lot of strain on your Walker and the spades do not make a good hole. I rent a Plugger from my dealer now if I need to areate, nice clean deep hole .

Jason Rose
03-03-2008, 10:07 PM
That's the kind of info I was looking for! Thanks Gene.

I have properties that are just too big to walk, but I really can't justify the perferator (Plugr). Tried one alternative already for my walker and it was a total POS. Now I have to sell it and make hopefully most of my money back... Not wanting to make that mistake again!

DuallyVette
03-03-2008, 10:32 PM
That's the kind of info I was looking for! Thanks Gene.

I have properties that are just too big to walk, but I really can't justify the perferator (Plugr). Tried one alternative already for my walker and it was a total POS. Now I have to sell it and make hopefully most of my money back... Not wanting to make that mistake again!

So what POS did you buy? I've frequently run across products that wern't worth a flip..didn't look like they were worth a flip, and SOMEBODY still produced, promoted and SOLD some of that crap. AMAZING.

Jason Rose
03-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Don't want to say yet... I have it for sale! (not on here though)

DuallyVette
03-03-2008, 11:43 PM
How about a PM ?

1wezil
03-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Don't want to say yet... I have it for sale! (not on here though)

PLEASE PM ME ON THE ONE YOU HAVE AND DID NOT LIKE .. THANKS

naturescape
03-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I think you should use a tow-behind on your huge properties. Much simpler than any of the alternatives, right?

BeautifulBlooms
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
That hooker looks like a waste of money. I have not used it but i dont think I would want such a large hole. Sure maybe the soil will break down better because it isnt just a plug, but it seems like and awfully messy looking hole. Plus the attachment apparatus for the front of a Zturn looks pretty flimsy. I can imagine hitting a tree root or a boulder and that thing just bending up or damamging the front end of the mower instead. Now with all that said I have not used one, but it just doesnt look that great. I would rather walk the property with a bluebird I think. It might be nice for wide open areas however where you dont have turning and obstacles to deal with.

I am seriously thinking about the Turfco line. They look great! But again I have not tried one yet.

motoracer897
07-01-2008, 01:09 AM
I have a Hooker areator for my Walker. Used it a few times but don't like it. There is a night and day differance between the Hooker and a Plugger. The Hooker will put a lot of strain on your Walker and the spades do not make a good hole. I rent a Plugger from my dealer now if I need to areate, nice clean deep hole .

Gene, do you still have the hooker aerator? If so, are you interested in selling or maybe at least giving me a demo? I live in Hudson, MA and would be willing to drive out.

Let me know.

Thanks!!
-Chris

gene gls
07-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Gene, do you still have the hooker aerator? If so, are you interested in selling or maybe at least giving me a demo? I live in Hudson, MA and would be willing to drive out.

Let me know.

Thanks!!
-Chris

Yes, I still have the Hooker. Yes, its for sale. Yes, I will demo it for you. Its been in my storage garage for about 2 years. I will need to hook it up to make sure it still works before you come out. Give me a call, best time is between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM, 413-357-0066