PDA

View Full Version : How To Speed Up Lawnsite

Runner
03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
A while back, someone posted on how to set your computer to get rid of all the ads flashing and without them having to load, speeds up the browsing process considerably. This site (and Plowsite) have gotten to the point that they are so slow in loading, tat it isn't even worth the waste of time trying to read or post.My computer is LIGHTNING fast, and does VERY well everywhere else. However, because of the the number of "ads" that have to load - compared to the weak server and system this site has, I am reaching the conclusion that my time is far more valuable than to have to sit and wait 15 to 30 seconds (and more).
Someone said there is a way to disable this ad loading and speed up the process. If anyone knows the process, or the link to that thread, please let me know.

IndyChad
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Having the same issue!! Computer and dsl is really fast, but server is always busy. Reminds me of the dial up days

Roger
03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I share the same experiences, especially in the past couple of weeks. Something has changed to make the response very sluggish. Other boards I view and post are not the same as LS, so I've concluded the recent change is LS.

I see headline now includes "... Moose River Media." This addition was recent (last couple of weeks), right? What does this mean for service and response?

Are the two matters related?

DLCS
03-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Moose= Slow:hammerhead:

QualityLawnCare4u
03-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I am also having the same problem and have for over a month. Sometimes will not load at all and on a good day it takes about 40 seconds to load, just sit here and look at a white screen.

smcunningham
03-04-2008, 03:14 AM
QualityLawnCare4u I am also having the same problem and have for over a month. Sometimes will not load at all and on a good day it takes about 40 seconds to load, just sit here and look at a white screen.
Yesterday 11:59 PM
DLCS Moose= Slow
Yesterday 09:37 PM
Roger I share the same experiences, especially in the past couple of weeks. Something has changed to make the response very sluggish. Other boards I view and post are not the same as LS, so I've concluded the recent change is LS.

I see headline now includes "... Moose River Media." This addition was recent (last couple of weeks), right? What does this mean for service and response?

Are the two matters related?
Yesterday 09:12 PM
IndyChad Having the same issue!! Computer and dsl is really fast, but server is always busy. Reminds me of the dial up days
Yesterday 09:08 PM
Runner How To Speed Up Lawnsite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A while back, someone posted on how to set your computer to get rid of all the ads flashing and without them having to load, speeds up the browsing process considerably. This site (and Plowsite) have gotten to the point that they are so slow in loading, tat it isn't even worth the waste of time trying to read or post.My computer is LIGHTNING fast, and does VERY well everywhere else. However, because of the the number of "ads" that have to load - compared to the weak server and system this site has, I am reaching the conclusion that my time is far more valuable than to have to sit and wait 15 to 30 seconds (and more).
Someone said there is a way to disable this ad loading and speed up the process. If anyone knows the process, or the link to that thread, please let me know.

DITTO..................:cry:

lawnspecialties
03-04-2008, 07:13 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=208857&highlight=speed

I haven't tried it but there you go.:)

Landrus2
03-04-2008, 07:24 AM

How would you like to make business with no profit? :waving:

Mark Oomkes
03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
How would you like to make business with no profit? :waving:

They'll be finding out when the sponsors don't pay the bill because nobody can view the site because the servers are so slow.

Indy Kyle
03-04-2008, 10:15 AM
I haven't had any problems at all. The longest ive had to wait is maybe 10 seconds.

IndyChad
03-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Some of us don't have 10 seconds of extra time.:laugh:

Indy Kyle
03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
I said the longest was maybe 10 seconds. It's usually about .0000001 seconds. I guess my computer and ISP is just bad a$$.

Charles
03-04-2008, 11:09 AM
What I did was "compress" graphics. Graphics are a little more blurry but I can live with that. Everything loads in a instant now

Valk
03-04-2008, 11:17 AM
My connection seems much quicker as compared to last week.

Ric3077
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
I have found that it is not LS but the browser or maybe Lawnsite's compatibility with different browsers...with Netscape it is so slow I won't use it, however with Firefox it is instant.

Charles
03-04-2008, 11:25 AM
I have found that it is not LS but the browser or maybe Lawnsite's compatibility with different browsers...with Netscape it is so slow I won't use it, however with Firefox it is instant.

Exactly and if you have aol, you can go down to windows and click compress graphics(you can still see ads) and fix that. Foxfire is fast on mine too

Maxify
03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
If you run Windows Vista, just go to:
Tools...then Options...Then Content...Then the icon for "Load Images Automatically"
click: "Exceptions"
to the window "Add Site" type:
ads.lawnsite.com
then click "Block"

Then the flashers in the window to the right is blank. This post probably will magically disappear shortly but some of you may get it.

grassman177
03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
yeah, since the moose showed up, the site is very unresponsive, hey guys(owners of lawnsite) i think you should listen here and figure it out before folks get too pissed to want to help you keep breaking records!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KS_Grasscutter
03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Yea, I would think they would be tripping all over themselves to fix the problem QUICK, seeing as how there ARE other places we could go talk mowing. Too bad that isn't the case...

Runner
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
This IS true...there are several places...Nothing that a google search doesn't turn up. There does come a point when the want for income outweighs the practicality of use. If it is broke,...it doesn't get used. If it doesn't get used, then attendance is down. When attendance is down the value of advertising here is down. It is common and pure logic that this situation would be addressed. I mean, if the website can't hardly be used,...then what is the sense? Imagine all the NEW people coming on that experience this...something less than impressive,...that's for sure. the thing that gets us most I guess,...is that we haven't even herd ANYthing from anyone in charge about it. Not even sunshine blown up our rears about how it is going to improve and be oh so much better, in the future. Come on...How about it?

Dirty Water
03-04-2008, 10:47 PM
The technique I posted in the other thread still works great for me.

Runner
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Geez oh Pete,...I just did that, and I can't believe how fast this thing is now...Now THAT'S more LIKE it. Thank you. We STILL shouldn't have to go in and mess with our computer settings to do so, though....

DFLS
03-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Use Firefox. Faster and safer than IE.

Roger
03-05-2008, 09:15 AM
I use Firefox. During the lighter use time, it is fast. During the heavy use times, it drags like cold molasses. The sluggish response seems to be at the server end, not the browser being use at the user end.

DFLS
03-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I use Firefox. During the lighter use time, it is fast. During the heavy use times, it drags like cold molasses. The sluggish response seems to be at the server end, not the browser being use at the user end.

I use it too, but you have to admit that it is better overall than IE. I use the NoScript extention and block all unnecessary scripting (like google analytics) and the Fasterfox extention.

Maxify
03-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanx for the tip on the Mozilla add-on for NoScript. I'd forgotten all about it. Mozilla is truly far superior to IE.

Runner
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I just wanted to add that that (Firefox) is all I've been using. It was still extremely slow and hung up.

GreenT
03-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Same here. :cry:

coolluv
03-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I thought it was just me having this problem until I found this post.

Dave...

kc2006
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Yea i've noticed the slow down too.

It's deffinitly caused me not to waste my time on here lately. I've been coming on here maybe once a week compaired to a few times a day. Heck I don't even touch plow site right now because its bogged down bad.

And to think this is the off season! Wait till spring and summer when everyone has questions and topics! This site won't function.