PDA

View Full Version : My Flier.....Let The Criticism Begin.....

levithan9
03-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Here is what I have so far....

Please help......what am I missing that needs to be in there?

And don't ride me on the $30 lawn price. The neighborhood this is going into has small yards....mow, blow, and go.

Thanks in advance.

kleankutslawn
03-03-2008, 11:36 PM
why are you talking about summer when spring isn't even here yet?

SwihartServices
03-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Dude you know it's bad when it literally hurts your eyes to read it.

Weekes
03-03-2008, 11:42 PM
why are you talking about summer when spring isn't even here yet?

Simple cuzz you want a green lawn this summer you start now, most customers will understand that. (actually you start last year, but that is beside the point)

What services do you provide? You mention only fert, do you mow to? I'd add a full list of services.

I'd unbold some and try different fonts it is a bit herd on eye in the middle.

levithan9
03-03-2008, 11:49 PM
i'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. i've read that adding too much info can actually be a turn-off for some customers. And for now, the print will be in BLACK & WHITE. I can't afford full color right now.

I also do pressure washing, edging....of course, and gutters, but i figure i'd get them calling and then hand them a flyer of all the other services i offer once i'm face to face.

bill8379
03-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Don't do black and white, make it just black on coloured paper.

btw, it looks like crap:)

Whitey4
03-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Don't mention price AT ALL. That is a magnet for priceshoppers. Half price ferts? The first app, or all year? Go back to square one here. Do you mow? Aerate? Overseed? Pruning?

I see NO reason to call you from that. What makes YOU better?

I don't want to insult you, but this is a bad first pass. Put yourself in the customer's shoes. What if you need a landscaper? What would make you respond? Experts on Zoysia! (if that is prevalent).

Experts on cool grasses! Something... anything... you do nothing to differentiate. Look at some old threads.... but I have to admit, the search function here gets bunged up easilly with broad search key words.... the system freaks out when the search is too general.

Weekes
03-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I also do pressure washing, edging....of course, and gutters, but i figure i'd get them calling and then hand them a flyer of all the other services i offer once i'm face to face.

You won't get calls then. As of now I think (from reading your add) you only apply fertilizer. I see nothing about even mow and blow services. The customer does not know you they cannot read your mind.

I understand about the clutter and you are right but you do need to include at least the basics: name of company, phone #, services provided, any deals, and then you can ad the make your yard look great lines.

I don't think the graphics are bad, I've had ads with less that have been very successful.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I agree with most here in the simple fact that DONT ASSUME YOUR CUSTOMERS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU. Get the details, simply stated, without an overkill of information.

avjohnson
03-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I like the grass and the name Ground Works FWIW. Not sure if it would look as good in B and W.

bohiaa
03-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I try NOT to have any pics in mine if I'm going with b & W,

however it's a bit plane, I mean it just says you fert....

Is that all you do