PDA

View Full Version : News Paper Ad, News Paper Insert, or Direct Mail?

Elden
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried news paper inserts? I have read about news paper ads and direct mail and the usual results, but I haven't seen anything about inserts in the local paper.

Weekes
03-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Elderly people make the best clients, elderly people read the paper. If you can afford it do it. IMO

LawnTamer
03-03-2008, 11:34 PM
In page ads aren't very effective, inserts are much better.

millenium_123
03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I usually put an add in the paper this time of year, and towards the end of march or so my phone is usually ringing off the hook! I have also seen some inserts lately that are running specials like "free first mowing with contract" or something to that effect. I think they both work just as good.

03-04-2008, 01:17 AM
I was wondering if anyone has tried news paper inserts? I have read about news paper ads and direct mail and the usual results, but I haven't seen anything about inserts in the local paper.

Do all of them. It's a marketing campaign, not a one time marketing thing. All people react different to the media they are looking at, and all of them trust different forms of media.

You should have ads that are ment to capture large amounts of new customers quickly-- like inserts, specials ads, and postcards.

Also you should have ads that are "remember us" ads, basically just a small add that keeps your name and logo in front of them- like in the services section of the paper, church newsletter,- etc.

Also, try to get the "I'm your guy" ad in front of them all the time, this is the magnet you try to get on thier fridge. Make it something that WILL get saved, maybe its a magnetic business card, or maybe its a magnetic calender.

Remember gifts to current customers are a great way to create lifetime customers, send them a plastic cup at New Years with your name, logo, and number. Also, be sending out newsletters on a regular schedule, it should highlight services they will need soon, and your business. Keep your name in front of them, make them like you.

This is all part of marketing. There is no right way about which will gain you the most customers, it is a mix of everything.

Oh almost forgot, saw one of those sticky yellow advertisements on the front of our sunday paper the other day. I am getting ahold of the paper to see what it would cost to do this for one sunday about 1 week before I think spring cleanups are gonna start. Everyone and I mean Everyone, that gets a sunday paper with that sticker on it-- well its the first thing in the whole paper they read. Plus sunday papers sit in stores until like wednesday before selling all of them, sitting on counters in full view-- great advertising. Depending on price will be the only thing that maybe a deterant, I will find out though.

ron greentree
03-06-2008, 02:46 AM
inserts in the paper are cheeper around here $50 per 1000 work great too

ron greentree
03-06-2008, 02:50 AM
image let me know on those prices you get for the sticky notes last year i talked about it with the local paper and i got a laugh as he said it was front page advertisment then followed with a ridicules price then i laughed to ha ha aghhhhh

Elden
03-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Ron, that's what it runs here $50-60 depending on the day and the amount you put out. That doesn't include printing though.

LawnMan883
03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
how effective have direct mail postcards been for you guys. i was considering a 4x6 or 5x7 card but was not sure if it was a good way to start.

ber8985
03-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Use inserts
No luck with Newspaper ads