PDA

View Full Version : Passing Out Flyers On A Golf Cart....

levithan9
03-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Ok.....about how much trouble can I get into using a Golfcart to pass out flyers?

My boss has one in the back shop just sitting there. I can load it up on my trailer, drive it off in a neighborhood, and hit the hood in no time at all.

Think i'd get a ticket?

SILVERSTREAK INC
03-04-2008, 01:59 AM
haha thatd be awesome, throw some magnet signs on it while your out...i can imagine youd pick up a driving an unregistered vehicle on a public road citation...same as ive gotten for riding my quad....yet when my neighbors are out on their quad its funny how no one calls the cops..

were you planning to follow up behind the mailman? or pull into each drive, run to the door and hang it there?

i always wanted to pay a mailman off and hand them 500 or so flyers

also thought of finding an old mailman with an old mail jeep and getting a bunch of guys together to keep him busy year round with flyers haha...im sure hed know of some "secret spot" on the mailbox that legal to attach to hah (i know i know...there is no secret spot)

Raven386
03-04-2008, 02:34 AM
haha thatd be awesome, throw some magnet signs on it while your out...i can imagine youd pick up a driving an unregistered vehicle on a public road citation...same as ive gotten for riding my quad....yet when my neighbors are out on their quad its funny how no one calls the cops..

you damn kids and your damn toys! lol.

why not just walk you've been sitting all winter, time to work off the winter coat! besides someone calling the police and them telling you to put it on the trailer that would be an awesome idea...if we dont hear from you again we will just assume riding a golf cart is illegal in your town :laugh:

cgaengineer
03-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Funny thing is, nobody says anything around here about golf carts or Kawasaki Mules, but if you ride a quad or dirt bike they call police!

Scagmower48
03-04-2008, 09:19 AM
if the cart is not registered it is illegal to drive it on the road, you will get a ticket for operating a unregistered m.v. and also the police will tow it.

Raven386
03-04-2008, 10:14 AM
if the cart is not registered it is illegal to drive it on the road, you will get a ticket for operating a unregistered m.v. and also the police will tow it.

I think that really depends on the cop. I think if you were causing trouble in it, then yea he would do something. But if he saw you were just passing out flyers he might let you slide... or tell you to pack it up.

bohiaa
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
depends on where you passed them out...

my area something's wrong with ya if you dont have a golf cart....

on any Saturday you will find hundereds of them all over town.

mostly at the supermarkett

American_Lawn
03-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Its not like you have a loud exhaust like most dirt bikes and quads. Half the people wont know you are out unless the dogs are yapping. Then again, some cops arond here tried to write me a ticket for idiling infront of a store. (fire lane) its not like I can just move if there is a fire sir, I am not parked. Really pissed him off :laugh: I would also think that as a customers view, why isnt that guy walking and passing out flyers, is he lazy? Not saying you are, but they might think that.

bohiaa
03-04-2008, 02:35 PM
yea seems like it would be a PITA..

I mean surely your not thinking of moving it from houe to house

Team-Green L&L
03-04-2008, 02:37 PM
We bought our first golf cart for this reason and it has increased distribution rates by 50%. The cart is customized and is also used to impress potential big ticket buyers by using it on the course. A custom golf cart is great for selling and OK for distribution. It also comes in handy large job sites, but the Gator is obviously our vehicle of choice on the site.

We don't have tags and it is not street legal, but is perfect for "cookie-cutter" neighborhoods (which we love) where the cops aren't that bad. We've been stopped by cops before (several times) but always for a compliment on the cart, not to tow it or cite us.

bohiaa
03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
We bought our first golf cart for this reason and it has increased distribution rates by 50%. The cart is customized and is also used to impress potential big ticket buyers by using it on the course. A custom golf cart is great for selling and OK for distribution. It also comes in handy large job sites, but the Gator is obviously our vehicle of choice on the site.

We don't have tags and it is not street legal, but is perfect for "cookie-cutter" neighborhoods (which we love) where the cops aren't that bad.

WOW thaks for posting, I was thinking this was a dumb ideal.

just goes to show......

Team-Green L&L
03-04-2008, 02:43 PM
WOW thaks for posting, I was thinking this was a dumb ideal.

just goes to show......

The only dumb idea is the one not thought of...

Here's one that will tickle you. This year at the HGS (which is going on right now) we took our, now 3, golf carts downtown (after approval from City Counsel) and drove around the venue in them with our daughters wearing flower costumes passing out hand outs and candy. It has cost us much less than the HGS did the past several years ($7000 vs $25000) and we have already scheduled 30 estimates OUTSIDE!