PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

carolinaborn82
03-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Hey guys, I am new to the board and the business. I am trying to get started in the lawn care business and I want to know the absolute have too's as far as equipment starting out. I am using a van right now, don't laugh, so I know I will need a trailor and I am currently shopping for one. I have over three years experience working on a high end private golf course, so I know my way around grass. What are the best ways to get clients? I am really excited about the future, I just don't wanna start off on the wrong foot.

Don Chambers

Raven386
03-04-2008, 02:31 AM
well, insurance comes first. you could look at used wb's to keep costs down. What size properties would you be doing? If i had to do it again, I would start with a 48" hydro instead of the belt drive. if you're looking at new, im sure you have made a few friends with the local dealers, stop by and see what they offer. Demo a machine or 2 and see which you like best, which fits your needs.

nothing beats knocking on doors and introducing yourself. doorhangers work good too, along with postcards. obviously vinyls or magnets on the van. maybe a sign on the trailer. shirts with your logo and name of the business. (whats the name of the business?) Do some searches, theres ton of info here! and...Welcome to LawnSite!