PDA

View Full Version : My website what do you think??

jds720
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
This is my site, I just started in the lawn business. I know it has prices listed, and I've had mixed reviews from people about that. But please let me know what you think! I'm all about constructive criticism!

guptuck2002
03-04-2008, 05:01 PM
What is the link?

jds720
03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Edenrocklawn.com

I was in a rush!

Raven386
03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Looks good so far!

AI Inc
03-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Hope your potential customers can find it easier

Raven386
03-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Its hard to read, the writing is a bit small and its blurry to me. I would seperate your services from your main page. Have a seperate "services" page for everything you do with some pictures on it.

- 1/2 off the first month? Thats a little much, why not 1 free lawn mowing or 10% off the 2nd month's bill. if you plan on giving 1/2 off the first month you better make em sign a commitment contract so you dont end up cutting someones lawn for 1/2 price and then never hear from them again or have them cancel the service.

-your logo is blurry and hard to read also... i would change the main page from "edenrock" to "Home" or "main"

btnj47
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I agree with raven386 it looks good but use larger writing and maybe a lighter backround its hard to see the pics against a dark backround

M & MD Lawn
03-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I have to agree with raven386, but other than that it was good, i started to try something like a half off but then that can go haywire.

lifetree
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Website looks nice, but man, I sure do wish we could get those kind of prices up here !!

Sweet Tater
03-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I just don't know about that phrase "starting below" that just don't....... ummmm ....sound right.

TheTurfTender
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I think the logo is super blurry. It makes you squint a bit.

Roaregg
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Try using a different font type on the front page. Use Verdana, 10px see how that looks.

jds720
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
ok so whats a good way to "start" out the pricing? it was "starts at $$" now its "starting below $$" how can I phrase it to entice people?

SILVERSTREAK INC
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
hey how long has your site been up?

ive had mine out awhile and have had a counter on it for almost a month and have only racked up about 80 hits!

ACA L&L
03-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Looks good so far!

what does 10 e stand for?

QLC- Rick
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Looks pretty good, but I have to say....change that font on the 1st page. The text looks like a white blur to me. Also, "starting below" sounds odd to me too, maybe say "starting under..." or "starting at..."

Sunstate Lawn
03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Looks nice! I would also like to know the secret to 2000 hits that quickly.
The logo was a little blurred, but definately readable.
All in all very nice!

jds720
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I wish i know how all of those hits got there! I think its BS of a counter!

Military Lawns
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Good website...who did it for you Go Daddy?

jds720
03-04-2008, 09:40 PM
ya its from godaddy and hosted through them

jds720
03-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone for all your input! And keep it coming! I was only able to do a few of the small changes, like font and size on the main page and wording, Im at a fire station so I gotta keep it simple incase i get called out! But again thanks for you input
J

Raven386
03-05-2008, 12:23 AM
what does 10 e stand for?

my last name is Tenney (penny with a T) so....10-E

jkason
03-05-2008, 04:25 PM
I would also have a link to some before and after pics your "Preferred Providers" have done.

miketull8
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM
About the pricing.....I thought that a standard on this site was a 30 - 35 dollar minimum.....65.00 per month (16.25 a week) seems like it might be hard to put gas in the truck and mower...?

Exact Rototilling
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
About the pricing.....I thought that a standard on this site was a 30 - 35 dollar minimum.....65.00 per month (16.25 a week) seems like it might be hard to put gas in the truck and mower...?

+2
Pricing seems um . . .pretty low to me. If I can't pull in more than that for 2008 looks like I will phase out weekly mow - trim & blow.

Can you afford commercial insurance for your truck trailer and equipment at those rates not to mention liability coverage and loss of equipment? :confused:

Slcareco
03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Rates for
1 acre
Mowing
Edging
Weed Eating
Blowing Clippings
Clean up
Fertilizing
Maintaining Flowers Beds
Adding/Replacing Mulch
Trimming Hedges
Debris Removal
(Sticks-Branches)
Starting under
$150.00
Per Month

You gotta be kidding me hope thats not a total price for all those services combined??

miketull8
03-05-2008, 10:00 PM
JDS sorry for any comments that are being fired at you...but it's all for the good. Get paid, my man....get paid. Remember a minimum is 35 bucks to drop the gate on the trailer. Get paid for what you do....if you do a crappy job than you will still lose the 16.00 customer....if you do a great job at 35 or 40 or 60 or ? you will not only make money, but you will make new customers....because they will see the work that you do, and will not want to be outdone by the Jones' and so the money begins to come in.....good luck bud, don't sell yourself short!

CollegeCash
03-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Well, the first thing I noticed is there is no where on your website mentions your coverage area. The person looking at it will have no idea if you service Florida or Alaska. You might want to get that fixed:laugh:

Be sure to have your town mentioned several times (but not a rediculous amount) on your website so that not only will people see it, but most importantly, people can find it on search engines.

Also, submit it to Google, Yahoo, and MSN so it shows up on search engines.

I am no super expert with websites, but I know than a lot of people do. I could mention a bunch of other things in a lot more detail if you want me to.

wintergreenlawn&landscape
03-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Not to be critical, but I am not familiar with the term "deweeding". Is that a term used in other parts of the country?

jds720
03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
All comments are appricated! As far as prices, theyve been removed. As far as services area, im NOT promoting any were but were i live. so if a person cant figure out were i service, im sure they would have a hard enough time paying there bills! And yes florida is different than up north, most people that have 1 acre land, its mostly the house on it, leaving maybe 1/4 acre of grass at best. So again thank you, and keep the comments coming!

Elite LawnCare
03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
32,670 sq feet? wow thats a big house

stevenf
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Might get in trouble for using that home page picture from the Toro site.

jds720
03-07-2008, 01:11 PM
maybe you guys can show me how its done? whats your web site??

LawncareAmericaLLC
03-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, i just started one from godaddy check it out and let me know what you think.
lawncareamerica.org any help would be greatly apperciated. thanks mike

Roger
03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
A couple of quick observations:

1. What is "Blow clippings" mean? Blow clippings for what purpose, where to blow, ...?
2. Under "all in one" the last few items at the bottom are in a different typeface than the first few.
3. What is "weed eating?" If you are maintaining a lawn, you would want it to be weed-free. This means there are no weeds to manage. I know the term is thrown around on LS frequently, but talking to customers about managing there weeds is a not a good thing. I think you really mean turf trimming at borders, walks, driveways, etc -- right?

Weedeater is an old branch name from 30 years ago. This was a time when string trimmers first came to the market. It is an outdated term, long since replaced by "string trimming." Yes, I think there is a significant difference, and it does matter. For me, "weed eating" or "weed wacking" is reserved to cut down a badly overgrown patch of vegetation, primarily populated with unwanted weeds.

4. In terms of organization, I would prefer the list of services to be directly under "basic..." or "all in one," and not relegated to the bottom. Also, you may wish reorganize that page to only focus on the "basic .." and "all in..." side by side. The other side services, such as single mowing, pressure washing, etc, should be set aside by itself. I think you wish to emphasize your two primary service offerings, "basic ..." and "all in ...." Am I right? If so, then they need to be made the clearest in terms of presentation. Make them the focal point, make their distinction clear.

5. I concur with an above comment about location. I have absolutely no idea of your location. Maybe I missed it. Again, this should be on the very first page. Remember, you will be hoping that potential customers will want to find your web page. If I would be looking and used a Google search, one of the keywords for search would be my location. You want your page to show up on their search. Without anything on your page, somebody would have to look to see if the area code and exchange matches their location. Further, you don't want people inquiring that are outside your region of interest. Being specific about the areas you service will include and exclude the parties that are wanted, and unwanted.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the ONLY reason you spent time and effort making this page is to get business. I see no option for customers to pay their bills, so this site does not serve that purpose. The key is to get the right eyes on your web page, and provide an interest in having them make contact.

Reliable Lawn Care
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
My quick 2 cents is: Under Free estimates, you have the words "you" in the paragraph, when I believe it should be "your".

I think it looks pretty good and would take all the good advice you have gotten on the thread.
Good Luck !!

jds720
03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
wow roger you have WAY to much free time. thanks tho:clapping:

landscaperdan
03-07-2008, 07:41 PM
JDS, take Rogers comments to heart. He may have free time, but that is why we are here, to learn and share information. He makes some valuable observations about your website. These comments are meant to be constructive, so don't take it personal. The two things that stick out to me are the green background (I would lighten it up to a different shade of green) and your phone number gets lost on the opening page. Change fonts and make it larger. Also, YOU may know you are in Florida and that Venice and South Sarasota County is your service area, but who cares if your potential customers do not know this? What you need to focus on is the customer. They need to know where you are and what your service area is (among other things).

When my website is done, you can critique it too. Good luck!

Atlantic Lawn
03-07-2008, 09:04 PM
My advice....listen to Roger...kidding aside it's great to get other peoples points of view,they may see things the way a customer sees them and not the way the owner sees them. Good Luck

Carolina Green
03-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Do you get alot of hits of the website? Still thinking if I should spend the money on getting one myself.:confused:

LawncareAmericaLLC
03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Carolina green, i went to godaddy for a cheap website and it cost me 20.00 and i set it up myself with just basic info on my company. it seems to be working a have had it for a month and got over 100 hits already.

echeandia
03-09-2008, 10:05 AM
You use 4 different fonts for the titles on each page. You need to put some consistency in there.