PDA

View Full Version : what's a good question on a flyer

grass disaster
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM
i'm looking for mainly mowing work for all year but i can do dethatching and aerating and hedge trimming and garden work(tilling plowing)

what would be a good question to put at the top of a flyer something like....

do you need help with mowing this year?
do you want more family time on weekends?
are you tired of mowing(maybe put "yard work?" here) your lawn? call me for a free estimate.

what are some other good ones? maybe ones you have tried and if some were more successful than others?

Weekes
03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Don't ask a question, tell them. Marketing 101 you are there to sell a product whether they think they need it or not. Many people will say "no don't need help I've always done it myself".

Tell them why they need you.

Spend time enjoying your yard not working in it.

Make your yard BBQ ready with our help and you'll have time to enjoy it.

These two suggestions are not great, just spur of the moment; but it is your job to sell yourself not ask if they might need help.

grass disaster
03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Don't ask a question, tell them. Marketing 101 you are there to sell a product whether they think they need it or not. Many people will say "no don't need help I've always done it myself".

These two suggestions are not great, just spur of the moment; but it is your job to sell yourself not ask if they might need help.

that's a good point.

i was going to ask a question. it's a way to grap peoples attention.

we'll see what others have to say...........

Scagmower48
03-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I started off my fliers this year with "Leave your lawn maintenance to us"

I though this was a good catch

daveintoledo
03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
answers, not questions.....

GSPHUNTER
03-04-2008, 09:15 PM

Exactly right. What happens if they answer no to your opening line of your flyer. You're done and sale is closed.

Another piece of advice is to follow these guidelines. Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action. Make this the order of your sales writing. Get the readers attention by saying something that will catch there eye. Get their interest up in your product or service. Create a desire, which should turn into a need for your product. Give them a reason to act on this offer. Set a deadline or something that will get a person to act.

Sunstate Lawn
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree with the statemant not question theory.

Something like, "Make your yard the envy of the neighborhood", or "It's time to give yourself a break"

or
"Hire my company so I can feed my family".....

Maybe not the last one.

grass disaster
03-05-2008, 07:06 PM
i like the," spend time enjoying your yard not working on it," one.

any other good ones?

bill8379
03-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Spend the Weekends with your family, not your yard work.

lawnjockey56
03-05-2008, 08:23 PM
let us do our business in your yard:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: