PDA

View Full Version : I changed my entire site!

Sunstate Lawn
03-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I didn't like the way my new site looked, so I changed it. I also don't love my business partner, and I'm wishing I had taken some lawnsite.com advice a month ago. :rolleyes:

Any way the name of MY company is TCS Property Maintenance. I'm still tweaking it. It's not registered with the search engines yet.

tinglecontractingservices.com

I know it's long.

Military Lawns
03-04-2008, 08:32 PM
The font is too small and all the green tends to distract the reader. Other than that, a little bit of tweaking and you will be on your way.

Now, whats up with you and your partner? Business partner....

covalawn
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
"Scheduled" is spelled wrong on the irrigation page. Also maybe its me but the following statement doesn't make sense, are you a commmercial only company or both:

"We are primarily a commercial company, with appropriate licensing, insurance, and worker's comp. However, we have not forgotten that behind every commercial property is a residential face. Feel free to call us for all your property needs, commercial or residential."

I like the layout and I think the white type looks good, but the menu and the footer kind of fades away. Maybe try a white border or a different color. I like the tree picture. Also I am not a big fan of a large gradient background, so maybe a solid background.

Just some constructive criticism.

cgaengineer
03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
You may also note that your first irrigation picture takes you to another company that installs sprinklers and probably owns the picture...not cool! You need to save the pictures to desktop if you are going to steal them, then insert them into your website so that they are not hyperlinked to another website.

Sunstate Lawn
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Whew! Thanks for the heads up! I just googled images, didn't even check to see if there was a link! Thanks again!

Sunstate Lawn
03-04-2008, 09:20 PM
As far as my business partner goes, I guess I was just dumb to think that he would work as hard as me. He is supposed to be in charge of sales and contracts, me in charge of operations. We both have other jobs. The website and t-shirts were supposed to be his responsability ( I paid for and created them both ). Most of the stuff we bid on is stuff I've worked to find.
Our relationship is more of a contracter - subcontracter basis. We started it together with the thought of merging together into one company, but I don't think he's interested in that anymore. He wants to sub all his work out to me, but he doesn't want me to get any work on my own that he doesn't make money at.

jds720
03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
This is why I love this website! You can get so much help from outside sources other than your wife! Your website looks great!