PDA

View Full Version : Did I over Advertise

Scagmower48
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
My goal this year is to obtain 10 more mowing accounts, and then I will be happy for this year. My advertising this year is as follows:

1) Ad going in my church's bulletin ad section in about 2 weeks for 6 months.

2) In a couple weeks Im going to start placing my colored door hangers out. I have 3000 of them.

3) Late March to April im going to have a business card sized ad placed in the local free paper for 4 weeks.

With this above advertising should I feel confident that I will get 10 more.

Scagmower48
03-04-2008, 11:23 PM
someone has to have an opinion

bigw
03-04-2008, 11:27 PM
someone has to have an opinion

Thats like saying do i have too much money. How can you over advertise,well then again if you only want a couple of extra jobs i guess you could spend too much money but i dont think you can over advertise and what you have done so far is far from over doing it!
why are you waiting for all of these things to happen,you should be out pounding on doors until these things happen and then pound on a few more,i for one wouldnt just sit back and count on these things!

THRIFTY
03-04-2008, 11:57 PM
3000 door hangers with 1% return is 30 Lawns...You shouldn't have a problem with the above advertising listed.

bigw
03-05-2008, 12:01 AM
3000 door hangers with 1% return is 30 Lawns...You shouldn't't have a problem with the above advertising listed.

A 1% return does not necessarily mean a 1% closing ratio though right?

TomberLawn
03-05-2008, 12:17 AM
You'll probably get some customers from the church ad. I picked up 5 from my church, plus a couple big once-a-year mulch jobs. I am a firm believer in personal marketing. Flyers, post cards, door hangers, etc, flood the market. I know they can be effective, but I think you'll get your best, most loyal customers from simply talking to people. Let folks know what you do and they'll think of you when they need something. They'll also tell their friends, family members, neighbors, and everybody. You can probably get 10 yards by just telling your family members and a few people at church that you are in the lawn care business and want a few customers.

CALandscapes
03-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Sounds good to me Scag.. I'd be willing to bet that you'll get the 10 accounts you hoped for and more..

Scagmower48
03-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the confidence, I am looking forward to this season.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-05-2008, 11:40 AM
You can't over market yourself. Go with the variety you stated, see what works this season, then you can trim out what doesn't work for future seasons and concentrate on what does.

Mike2212
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
What about asking for referrals from your current customers. If you are providing a good service they almost never hesitate to recommend you to a friend. You may also consider a discount for any customer that refers you new business.