PDA

View Full Version : The Dreaded Server Busy Again......

Restrorob
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I have been getting this the last couple days;

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

It has happened ALL evening, It's kind of hard to read a post then look-up info for the poster and not be able to paste it in their thread.

Is it not time to up-grade the server again or something ?

cgaengineer
03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
It was slow to the point I turned off the computer last night. Today is just as bad!

Valk
03-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm a computer browser (at best)...and fwiw I reinstalled my McAfee this last weekend. Now this site is running great (for me here)...as compared to last week when I was experiencing all the delays. Perhaps a coincidence...though when they got rid of the content-links, things got REAL screwy. Perhaps just another coincidence. :rolleyes:

Guzman Properties
03-05-2008, 04:14 PM
I've been seeing the same message as well. Maybe because spring is around the corner and everyone is on?

GreenT
03-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I've been seeing the same message as well. Maybe because spring is around the corner and everyone is on?

I have seen that message 8 times today. The most visitors I've seen were 792 (hardly an astronomical number) so I don't think that's the problem.

Me thinks a dedicated (not shared), larger server will help.

How about it LawnSite?

Jason Rose
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I just saw the thread yesterday that said all was supposed to be fixed again with the site being very slow... And while it is from time to time loading at 'normal' speeds, the majority of the time I click on a thread and I get to look at a white screen for a good bit of time. It's really annoying! And then tonight I'm getting the "server is busy" crap like the others.

There's too many lawncare forums on the web these days... It's too easy for people to get sick of the waiting and the refreshing of pages just to see some dumb post and move on to the next forum... I would think that the Moose would want to retain as many people as possible on this site???