PDA

View Full Version : Bid on 30 unit condo Village

rudisfarm
03-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Just got a phone call from the spokesperson of a 30 unit condo village. She was asking for a quote for grass cutting, spring and fall cleanup and fertilizerapplication.

Here the story: I placed a bid for snowremoval for this winter and got turned down. They hired the same company from previus winter even not being satisfied with their service. I want to offer high end service without headache for both sides.

This lady is very kind and told me the other companys numbers:

30 unit condo village:

grass cutting weekly $75 per unit/month totals $2,250 per month
cleanup $600
fertilizer $300
trimming + edging as required

She asked me for a weekly cuttingcycle and a 5 day cuttingcycle.

Remember, I offer high end service without causing headache for both parties.

I have a grass cutting/trimming package in mind. Any ideas? Oh, I run a one-man-show (so far).

So if I get this contract I'm in for next years snow removal, too (hopefully)

This is my first bigger project.

Thanks for helping.

DuraCutter
03-07-2008, 12:27 AM
:)Just got a phone call from the spokesperson of a 30 unit condo village. She was asking for a quote for grass cutting, spring and fall cleanup and fertilizerapplication.

Here the story: I placed a bid for snowremoval for this winter and got turned down. They hired the same company from previus winter even not being satisfied with their service. I want to offer high end service without headache for both sides.

This lady is very kind and told me the other companys numbers:

30 unit condo village:

grass cutting weekly $75 per unit/month totals $2,250 per month
cleanup $600
fertilizer $300
trimming + edging as required

She asked me for a weekly cuttingcycle and a 5 day cuttingcycle.

Remember, I offer high end service without causing headache for both parties.

I have a grass cutting/trimming package in mind. Any ideas? Oh, I run a one-man-show (so far).

So if I get this contract I'm in for next years snow removal, too (hopefully)

This is my first bigger project.

Thanks for helping.

Giving the other contractors prices is quite often a tactic to see if you'll bite. These people do have one goal, to save money. Usually...

As far as being in for snow, it's hard to know how they are thinking. It's easy to take things for granted but often it can be a let down.

Quote so you'll make good money taking it one step at a time. Same thing our co. does.

:)

rudisfarm
03-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks DuraCutter,
I sticked to the $1 per minute rule.
Hiked cleanup to $750.

So my prices are higher than the competitor. If I get that contract I will file it under "apprenticeship". You are never done learning a lesson out of your work, right?!

DuraCutter
03-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks DuraCutter,
I sticked to the $1 per minute rule.
Hiked cleanup to $750.

So my prices are higher than the competitor. If I get that contract I will file it under "apprenticeship". You are never done learning a lesson out of your work, right?!

Sounds good.!! You're right, the day you stop learning, if you listen real hard, they are reading your obituary!! :laugh:

Hope you get it! Good luck.