PDA

View Full Version : Fiber optic

The Lighting Geek
03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Well, I just installed my first fiber optic system from IlluminFX, what a sweet system. Unfornuately the pool contractor ran the conduits (4) for the water feature and they should have run 8. But the ease of install was great. I measured the sleeves using a fiberglass fish and ordered up the lengths I needed. I recieved a custom harness in 3 days. NO special tools or cutting. I have 3 more jobs sold that include fiber optic, and we are installing the conduit in the steel phase of the pool.

klkanders
03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Tommy, Any chance you took some pics during install and when done? If so would love to see them. Thanks!

irrig8r
03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
interesting stuff at that IlluminFX website. I've never done any, and have had a couple of reuests.

I also read that the RopeFx is 0.5 Watt per linear foot, can be cut every six inches, and can run off a 12V system... sounds just like what a client of mine needs for inside a solid dome he's having built.

JoeyD
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
AJ at Illumin FX is a great guy, he will assist you with your layouts and help witht he designs if need be. His system is super easy to install and maintain.