PDA

View Full Version : Engine Misfire Questions..

Petr51488
03-05-2008, 11:28 PM
This problem started a few weeks ago. When i would start the engine it would almost hesitate to start, but i didn't have to give it any gas to get it running. When its cold out, it sounds like its misfireing when i'm driving in first gear and maybe 2nd. I changed the plugs, wires, distrib cap maybe 8 months ago. Now, i remember the guys that ran a diagnostic a few months back tell me that it was my oxygen sensors (check engine light). I bought my own scanner and it came up with 2 codes for the same thing which was misfire and maybe ignition. I can get the exact code number/description if necessary. Now, it got me thinking. I have 2 oxygen sensors, and 2 codes came up for the same thing. Do you think its the oxygen sensors? I havnt replaced those yet in this truck (113k miles) I've had it in my possetion since about 85k. Should i replace the oxygen sensors or is it just a waste of money? Any ideas?

Petr51488
03-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I got the code just incase. Its P1345 Manufacturer control ignition system or misfire.

jrc lawncare
03-06-2008, 07:49 AM
I got the code just incase. Its P1345 Manufacturer control ignition system or misfire. I'd find out for sure which one it is, they are kinda pricey.

J&R Landscaping
03-06-2008, 10:39 AM
If you can replace them yourself, I'd do that. Pepboys sells them starting @ $14.99. Not sure what one for you truck would go for though.