PDA

View Full Version : low end neighborhoods

flakebortch
03-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I live in a neighborhood in which I have never seen a professional lawn care service truck. Itís not a bad neighborhood, but we are rural, and the houses are the cheapest around. There are exactly 100 houses on 1/8 to ľ acre lots, and probably 90% are owner occupied. I want to know if this area, in your opinions, has potential for my new business. That is, is it worth getting 100 door hangers and going for quantity for a low price (not lowballing)? Or do low end home owners not want this? Is this a PITA hotbed? I have yet to land a single account, so please forgive my ignorance, but do any of you guys find these types of neighborhoods profitable/ worth your while? If you do, what advice or warnings can you give me?

barefeetny
03-06-2008, 12:50 AM
flake

i don't know what specific area your talking about... but know where your at...

save those door hangers and talk to people door to door... discuss what you can do for them.... hand them a card...

Get a few, make them happy and you won't have to advertise....

you might strike out alot... but you can in theory lock the whole neighborhood down.... keep your prices constant for the same services as they will talk... I have a few customers off the beaten path that didn't even know there was lawn maintenance companys around the area....

plus as you know.... sprawl in our area is constant.... lock it down and when the new townhouses go in... your first in line

keep your head up and keep trying... its still slowish here

Nate

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
All I can say is start talking with them - if you get the sense after a few homes that the area is full of tight-wad, talk-you-down-in-price folks - stop your activity and move on to another area.

RGM
03-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I would go for it