PDA

View Full Version : Yes or No???

cfrymow
03-06-2008, 12:05 AM
What do you guys think about door to door sales for mowing. Go door to door with business cards in little city lots and wright estimates on back of the cards for each house. The houses you can not get a good look at from the side walk don't right the estimate on them, just ask if they would be interested in a free estimate. Don't bother them to much just make it short a sweet don't let them say no not interested. Just interduce my self and say something like "I was walking trough the neighborhood and handing out Business card with your free estimate on the back, If your interested at any time or no someone that might be just give me a call" Tell me what you think yes, no, maybe what???

barefeetny
03-06-2008, 12:32 AM
What do you guys think about door to door sales for mowing. Go door to door with business cards in little city lots and wright estimates on back of the cards for each house. The houses you can not get a good look at from the side walk don't right the estimate on them, just ask if they would be interested in a free estimate. Don't bother them to much just make it short a sweet don't let them say no not interested. Just interduce my self and say something like "I was walking trough the neighborhood and handing out Business card with your free estimate on the back, If your interested at any time or no someone that might be just give me a call" Tell me what you think yes, no, maybe what???

right idea with the walking the hood... don't write estimates on the cards..

talk for a sec... tell them what you can offer,tell them they can call for estimates. ask if theres anything you can do.... thank them for their time and move on....

if they want an estimate grab a sheet and write an estimate sheet as you walk the yard with them... then have a talk with them... 75% of the estimates i write are after the intital meeting...
give them a card and then they call if they want something... not just to see what you'll charge...

you'll get calls for estimates

RGM
03-06-2008, 01:24 AM
I picked up some of my best customers going door to door

kleankutslawn
03-06-2008, 06:28 AM
i have a flyer made up just for that. basicly has what i offer and a slot for a price and i write it in

2 clowns mowing
03-06-2008, 06:35 AM
no, do more good with signs and advertizing

Weekes
03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Each year I go door to door around the houses I already do. I have had good success with this. They recognize me and my truck once I say, "I already take of of one or more of your neighbors." Great ice breaker (careful not to use customer name unless I have their permission). Many times they will say "You do (so and so's) lawn. Then we start to talk takes time, but it is worth it if I can gain some new houses near current clients.

RGM
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I have been cutting for 16 years this time and really don't need to pick up a lot of customers right now for me I am more about getting customers close together and dropping customers that are not in the same area to cut down on time in the truck. So door to door on street I am on all ready works great for me. As far as what got me the most calls was signs on telephone polls.