PDA

View Full Version : Biding Closing The BID?

PCSLAWN
03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Ok Guys/Gals. I need a good way to close the deal I have called like 75 places all that wanted a bid I printed a bid for them Dove around all week going in talking to the Managers looking at the lawn Giving them my Bid and then "Nothing" I have a great personaltiy I laugh and joke with them every thing is great there. But then they just say ok and I wait to Hear from them and no calls I know it is First week of March but I need to get these people to say "Yes' we will go with you.. Heres my problem I work at Kraft foods I have 10yrs in its a night job I NEED to get outa there.. I took my vac and have been biding all week and even before that. Now my Snow season was great! This is my frist yr in lawn care I have to make the switch all at once from Daily job to My own Bizz. 40 yrs old by the way Please help 1500 per week 26 weeks is my goal thats 39k a yr thats the only way i can leave my job Please Help........ very important to me

Thank you all

Bluestem
03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
This can be kind of tricky. You don't want to apply a lot of pressure because that can turn a lot of people off. However, it would be a good idea to follow up so that they are still thinking about you. What I often do is make contact again in a way that doesn't demand a yes or no answer on the spot. For example, I will get called out to bid mowing on a property and will deliver the bid. After a while, if I haven't gotten any response, I may follow up by stopping by and saying you are putting together your routes for the season and wanted to see whether they are still interested, or that you were checking to see whether they needed a quote on spring aeration, or asking whether they would like a quote on additional services like tree and shrub or maybe giving them an idea of what your start date will be for the season - something like, "looks like the cold is hanging around a little later this year, so your first pre emergent would be put down arround "X" date." Just something to get you back to the forefront of their mind again.

I get a lot of accounts signed on the second contact like this. They want to know that you are genuinely interested in taking care of them and not just shotgunning bids all over. If your contact is on the phone, mention something specific about their property when you're talking to them. For example, say, "I noticed the snow plow gouged a strip by your driveway. We can seed that in for you." or something else that shows you are focused on their needs specifically. They want to know that you are already working out solutions to their needs.

PCSLAWN
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Sounds good thank you:usflag: