PDA

View Full Version : Service Policy

Slcareco
03-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Does anyone have a examples of service policies for services other than mowing, like core aeration, soil testing, overseeding, mulching, pruning, tree and shrub fertilization....

if you could just list them for each of those services so I can get an idea of how to cover myself that be great thanks!

Slcareco
03-08-2008, 10:37 AM
anybody have a policy sheet that they could share or give ideas to put in a service agreement???

lawnpro724
03-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Does anyone have a examples of service policies for services other than mowing, like core aeration, soil testing, overseeding, mulching, pruning, tree and shrub fertilization....

if you could just list them for each of those services so I can get an idea of how to cover myself that be great thanks!

All of that should be listed in your general maintenance contract.

Slcareco
03-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I know which is what im working on but would like some help, or examples of other services besides mowing and their policies...

are there policies for pruning? aeration? overseeding? liming?
mulch???

lawnpro724
03-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I know which is what im working on but would like some help, or examples of other services besides mowing and their policies...

are there policies for pruning? aeration? overseeding? liming?
mulch???

All of the services you provide should be listed on your service contract under additional services. The main part of my service contact includes mow,trim, blow and pruning of shrubs and cleanups. Under additional services lists everything I do so if a customer decides they want to ad services I just put a check next to the service they want and in the space next to the description I put the price for that service. These are the things you need to discuss at the time of your contract signing so everyone is clear on what services will be provided and the prices that will be charged for each service listed before signing.

lawnpro724
03-08-2008, 04:14 PM
As far as liming, aeration, overseeding and mulch, does the lawn/landscaping need this done? If you think it does figure your cost to do each and bring this up at your initial meeting with them and explain why you think they need these services. Again everything your going to be doing will need to be in your contract and gone over with your potential client at the time of your contract signing. The contract should list the cost for these services as well as how often you will provide these services, once a year or more.

Slcareco
03-09-2008, 12:13 AM
What I mean by policy is like for example "make sure all objects, toys, lawn ornaments, etc is off the lawn before we cut" or "after we have completed your clean up we are not responsible for any leaves that fall after we have left"

So what I'm asking is what coul dbe said bout mulching, pruning, aerating etc??

HOOLIE
03-09-2008, 12:21 AM
What I mean by policy is like for example "make sure all objects, toys, lawn ornaments, etc is off the lawn before we cut" or "after we have completed your clean up we are not responsible for any leaves that fall after we have left"

So what I'm asking is what coul dbe said bout mulching, pruning, aerating etc??

I guess you could just say the same stuff. I find it's a complete waste of time to put this stuff in writing. The people that do things like leave toys everywhere aren't going to NOT do this just because you have something about it in the fine print. Because they are the type of people that just don't give a crap.

I just call customers as needed...."Hey...you need to pick all that sh** up!!" seems to work better.

Slcareco
03-09-2008, 12:38 AM
It was just an example bt I guess it will just be under the general policy and such

HOOLIE
03-09-2008, 12:56 AM
I know they were examples, but really, you're looking to put in writing things that should be common sense. You'll run into a few customer lacking in common sense, just deal with them directly. No need to sit up late at night wracking your brain thinking up policies.

Slcareco
03-09-2008, 01:37 AM
But thats just the idea to cover yourself and not have to be on the phone with bulshit like that. If they read the agreement they will relize i havent cleaned up the big cherry tree that got knocked down from the storm cause it states under clean ups does NOT include storm debris

HOOLIE
03-09-2008, 01:53 PM
You're running a business, you're going to have to talk to customers.

Slcareco
03-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah but it will prevent some of the waste of my time calls the "naggers"

HOOLIE
03-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Everybody has different customers obviously, but since I've been in business I've very few problems with customers. I've had one in 6 years that had an excessive toy problem. And 2 or 3 with major dogcrap problems. One lady that had 8 hoses going every which way across the entire lawn. Other than that, nothing really to tick me off :laugh: Hoses are a common nuisance in the summer but really we all would like our customers to water so I'll just move a hose.

So I average about 1 problem customer a year, which isn't bad.

HOOLIE
03-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Ahhhhh....I did think of one policy :laugh::laugh::laugh: I can't stand customers that park their cars literally on the edge of the driveway, so it's darn near impossible to edge or mow without risking scratching the car. Also, parking on the street with the tires actually touching the curb is a no-no.

Slcareco
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
good one! I like it Please allow acess to your yard by parking accordinally