PDA

View Full Version : Door Magnets

Mikol
03-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Can anyone tell me ,do I need to have any special Insurance on my vehicle or how does it work.can I put them on my vehicle with no problem. I am in Tampa Fl, area.

Patriot Services
03-06-2008, 09:21 PM
You don't need special licensing for the signs. However your vehicle insurer needs to know you are using the truck for commercial purposes. If you wreck on the job , your insurer will not pay. You also have to consider insuring the trailer as that is a separate policy. It only takes one accident to put you out of business and possibly on the hook for millions of dollars in restitution.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

kleankutslawn
03-06-2008, 09:45 PM
i,m in Tampa also.and like Patriot said you don't need anything to put signs on your truck.What areas are you guys working in?

Bluestem
03-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Agree about the insurance. Also, if any of your competitors are a-holes, they may rip them off. Mine walked away pretty quickly. :cry:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
I have been using my new Magnetic signs on my car doors...I agree per above if you are going to be away from your vehicle for a length of time, take them off and put them in the locked vehicle. You don't want $100 or so ripped off - stupid kids love to do this sort of thing.

Sunstate Lawn
03-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Agree about the insurance. Also, if any of your competitors are a-holes, they may rip them off. Mine walked away pretty quickly. :cry:

Some people never cease to amaze. Sorry to hear about your signs

Enzo
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
I am going to getting lettering done on my truck and on the trailer. I know a guy who can do it for pretty cheap.

MowHouston
03-07-2008, 08:53 AM
If you're going to get magnets to put on your truck and you're going to have to get commercial insurance for the vehicle... why not just get decals and always have them on?

My decals were only $40 for a pair, they're cheaper and look better. You can take them off before 4 years if you're worried about it affecting your paint.

bohiaa
03-07-2008, 09:24 AM
once you do this you will have to watch for the sueures.

there are people out there that will see your a business and know you have a ton of insurance and will try to make you hit them

happens in the larger cities

Mikol
03-07-2008, 06:26 PM
i,m in Tampa also.and like Patriot said you don't need anything to put signs on your truck.What areas are you guys working in? Thanks for all the input.I kind of figure this I was told by friend of mine. so I knew where I can get the right answer Lawn Site.kleankutslawn; we are pretty much all over the Riverview area Valrico and Brandon and all over the North Tampa area .

Patriot Services
03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I am in Carrolwood, South Tampa and West pasco.:usflag::usflag::usflag: