PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody bid this...

Sunstate Lawn
03-06-2008, 10:26 PM
without looking at the site? Am I the only one who would have to make an appointment?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/lbs/597244428.html

kleankutslawn
03-06-2008, 10:33 PM
sounds like a nice job!! good luck

bigw
03-06-2008, 10:34 PM
you better go see it first or you may be in for a rude awakening.

howardsells2000
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I think anyone who is in there right mind would want to go look at this first. Nobody could give a good estimate without seeing it. I hope this is what your question is. I was a little confused. If you are interested email him and make an appointment.

Good Luck

RGM
03-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I used to cut pastures but back then had a big field mower most only wanted every 2 weeks and field grass grows quicker

topsites
03-07-2008, 01:50 AM
I might wonder why they'd put an ad in a free classified section when they could've just called an Lco already.

Sunstate Lawn
03-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Thats my first question. I won't bid on this because it's too far away. Also, my gut reaction when I see an ad like this is they are shopping for the lowest bidder.

Has anybody checked out a craigslist request for a bid?

CALandscapes
03-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I might wonder why they'd put an ad in a free classified section when they could've just called an Lco already.

Probably because they're CHEAP.

IN2MOWN
03-07-2008, 08:18 AM

Actually its not a bad idea.

Instead of picking up the phone book and calling 10 companies to get estimates, have anyone who is interested call you.

Saves them time and weeds out the guys who show up and cant or wont do it after they see it.

topsites
03-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Probably because they're CHEAP.

Yeah, see?

With things like these you'll never get to the bottom of it, there's no telling for sure.
But I learned when my gut tells me something, watch out.

It may sound dumb that a business owner would listen to a gut feeling, but since the only way to find out for sure if that feeling is true is to jump in to what could be a hornet's nest, I learned to at least give serious consideration to those back of the mind inklings.

These kind of warnings exist for a reason, the question in itself came up for that same reason, even if we never know the truth you have to ask yourself, do I really want to stick my neck out?

Am I really in the mood to find out, do I have to know how this is going to turn out?
Which, another thing is if it's not 100% cosh before I start, why bother?
Granted we can't have every job fit 100% perfect every time, but this is a big red flag I would hate to ignore.
But I won't stop anyone, I just said what was my thoughts on it.

Instead of picking up the phone book and calling 10 companies to get estimates, have anyone who is interested call you.

Saves them time and weeds out the guys who show up and cant or wont do it after they see it.

Yes, and it also puts the customer in charge...

When working for someone else that isn't such a big deal.
But when you run your own, you can't have customers taking over, most if not all the time it doesn't work out so good.

It might be all right, but for myself I wouldn't bother unless I needed the work really bad.
Then of course that's just bad news too, as I'd likely underbid. :laugh:
See there, the whole thing snowballs and fast, hence why I just ask, why?

With estimates the customer(s) call us, not the other way around.
That's just how it is.

fparella
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I would check it out, be careful with your bid as you should always be and if it works out Great! if not no big deal. You never know until you try. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck!:confused:

sancho_man_orlando
03-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Be sure you're not taking on a project that is over your head. Sounds like alot of work and Eustis is a long drive from some parts of O-Town!