PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe it i passed!!!!

bigw
03-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Just got my letter from Pa dept of ag and i passed my core test and my 07 lawn and turf :weightlifter: now i can offer weed control and fert to my customers and dont have to sub it out,i was so worried i didnt pass the lawn and turf because i had to rush it due to running out of time. I know some of you are going to say do you have to post everything you do...uh yes especially when its something like this...im excited!!!!!

Landrus2
03-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Just got my letter from Pa dept of ag and i passed my core test and my 07 lawn and turf :weightlifter: now i can offer weed control and fert to my customers and dont have to sub it out,i was so worried i didnt pass the lawn and turf because i had to rush it due to running out of time. I know some of you are going to say do you have to post everything you do...uh yes especially when its something like this...im excited!!!!!

Congratulations on job well done. Now you all ready to get fines.:waving:

Bluestem
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Congrats dubya. Nice to see you're going about it the right way. There are a lot of unlicensed guys around here who just do it anyway.

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Congrats! ...now go make some money ...

RWS
03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
way to go Big W

Roger
03-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Be sure your liability insurance does not have to be changed to cover this service. Your exposure is significantly higher than just driving mowers around a yard.

Bluestem
03-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Be sure your liability insurance does not have to be changed to cover this service. Your exposure is significantly higher than just driving mowers around a yard.

Excellent point. This will almost certainly have to be changed.

Reliable Lawn Care
03-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Good Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigw
03-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Congratulations on job well done. Now you all ready to get fines.:waving:

lmao yeah right in Pa people get away with murder with pest control / weed control id say 1 out 55 are licensed

bigw
03-07-2008, 06:30 PM

already done and did not change my price one bit.

mowranger
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
great job!

luckydooley
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
What did you have for breakfast the day of the test?

barefeetny
03-07-2008, 07:07 PM
congrats...your legal

lol @ what he ate for breakfast....that could be a new lawnsite game

guess what big w ate for breakfast...you know you only tease the ones you love....

my guess is oatmeal and two english muffins....

bigw
03-07-2008, 07:30 PM
What did you have for breakfast the day of the test?

why dont you ask your wife she cooked it for me :laugh:

luckydooley
03-07-2008, 08:00 PM
why dont you ask your wife she cooked it for me :laugh:

Lol:laugh:

Ya your wife set that breakfast up so I could come see her!:cool2:

Atlantic Lawn
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Congrats .....Now for the Big Question.....Are You really goin' to Disney World ??

lifetree
03-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Congratulations !!

Whitey4
03-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Nice goin there, big! Frankly, I had my doubts that without taking a course and doing it in such a short time frame, I thought you might not pass. Good job. Now, you will have to invest some more time in learning about ferts and pesticides.... that will take time, and there is a LOT to learn, (I have researched, read, talked and still have bunches to learn myself) but being legal, and not having to look over yer shoulder... way to go!

bigw
03-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Nice goin there, big! Frankly, I had my doubts that without taking a course and doing it in such a short time frame, I thought you might not pass. Good job. Now, you will have to invest some more time in learning about ferts and pesticides.... that will take time, and there is a LOT to learn, (I have researched, read, talked and still have bunches to learn myself) but being legal, and not having to look over yer shoulder... way to go!

Thanks, yeah i had my doubts also with only getting the material to study like a month ago,i did study like crazy though. I simply wanted it so i could offer fert and weed control to my personal customers not so much to just go looking for fert customers.
I didnt want to have to tell my customers that they would have to get someone else to fert their property you know. I dont think that looks good and also alot of people around here like to have one company do it all.

Whitey4
03-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks, yeah i had my doubts also with only getting the material to study like a month ago,i did study like crazy though. I simply wanted it so i could offer fert and weed control to my personal customers not so much to just go looking for fert customers.
I didnt want to have to tell my customers that they would have to get someone else to fert their property you know. I dont think that looks good and also alot of people around here like to have one company do it all.

My door hanger REALLY pushes my apps program.... and I've gotten calls for apps only. That is gravy! the profit margin vs. time is three times, maybe 4 times more profitable than my maintenance income is. Advertising that I am NYS DEC certified goes a long way in gaining customer confidence, deserved or not.

Think of it as a new sales tool, an expanding way to grow the biz. It's an offensive sales weapon, not a defensive one. It's the cavalry, not a rampart!

Integrate it into your advertising as soon as you can. Put it on your biz card. It's maybe the best sales tool I have. good luck!

bigw
03-08-2008, 12:46 AM
My door hanger REALLY pushes my apps program.... and I've gotten calls for apps only. That is gravy! the profit margin vs. time is three times, maybe 4 times more profitable than my maintenance income is. Advertising that I am NYS DEC certified goes a long way in gaining customer confidence, deserved or not.

Think of it as a new sales tool, an expanding way to grow the biz. It's an offensive sales weapon, not a defensive one. It's the cavalry, not a rampart!

Integrate it into your advertising as soon as you can. Put it on your biz card. It's maybe the best sales tool I have. good luck!

THAT SOUNDS GREAT...PENNSYLVANIA CERTIFIED APPLICATOR...HMMMM INTERESTING AND VERY APPEALING AS A SALES PITCH ON A FLYER OR CARD...SEE WHITEY I KNEW YOU WERE GOOD FOR SOMETHING BESIDES BUSTING ON ME !!!

Sal200
03-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Hey whitey, what do you roughly charge for applying apps. I just want to get an idea because as i told you im taking a course at my school that will enable me to take the test once im done. So hopefully i'll pass it and get my license.
So having your license has helped you get more customers. I hope it will do the same for me once i get it.

SUREURITE LAWN CARE
03-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Congratulations, BIGW.

I know the feeling (YES), I pass the test last week myself. I am happy for you. Now, you have to read, and read some more. Just when you thought the reading part was all over(lol). However, Go make that extra money, you thought you had to sub out. Keep up the good work, and let the force be with you.

Whitey4
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey whitey, what do you roughly charge for applying apps. I just want to get an idea because as i told you im taking a course at my school that will enable me to take the test once im done. So hopefully i'll pass it and get my license.
So having your license has helped you get more customers. I hope it will do the same for me once i get it.

Sal, there is no straight answer for that, and I would not in any case go public here with my prices anyway. I got an idea of what Scotts and Tru-Green charge, measure my properties and consider material costs and go from there. I also know what the LCO's are charging in my area.

PM me once you get certified... maybe I can offer some advice.